Lechimp

New Smash Bros Game Displayed

Considering the virtual console deal and one of the games that was playable on it at E3, I think one good addition would be freaking Bonk. I can just imagine him gnawing on peoples heads, eating meat and erupting, and head-butting Snake into the ground.

However, anyone remember that Hudson+Konami Smash Bros. clone that was released in Japan? It also had Snake. And Optimus Prime :shifty: Nintendo should do a Capcom/SNK styled vs game with that. '

Melee is probably my most-played game, and I am utterly loving this.

If Snake's in it, I don't see why Sonic (at least) shouldn't be. Just 4 new characters, with one of them actually Samus but minus suit? Please. How many new characters were in Melee over SSB again?

Yeah, I hope Ganondorf will be the Wind Waker version, as I hope will Young Link.

There is only one potential problem I foresee:

screenshot_157205.jpg

This looks hideously like a Power Shot. Remember those over-powered moves you could pull off in Mario Power Tennis that over-complicated a great game and made that great game no fun? Please tell me Nintendo wouldn't be stupid enough to attempt that with Smash Bros...

Now then, my most wanted characters:

Sonic (obviously)

Tails (like Pikachu, I want him there to smash his face in)

Knuckles (an actual fighter)

Amy Rose ('cause there's always a lack of females)

Metal Sonic (or Shadow. Both could be Sonic with different animations, like Capt. Falcon/Ganondorf etc.)

Paula (like Ness, from Earthbound), but with greater Psy-powers!)

Poo (also from EB - for comedy name value alone)

Jeff (see Tails for why)

Baby Bowser (come on, Nintendo! He's great in Double Dash and he'd be great here!)

Balloon Fighter (whose name I can't remember)

Earthworm Jim (I'll get everyone a beer if he's in it)

I share your concern about the powermoves, but it's obviously all in the balancing. As long as there's enough of a chance to avoid them, it could be a nice addition.

As long as we're making a character wishlist, how about Leon S. Kennedy? Or Dr. "chainsaw" Salvador, for that matter?

Do you really think something like that could give a balanced and entertaining game if you can pull it off at any time? If it was a one-shot thing, now that's a different matter!

Do you really think something like that could give a balanced and entertaining game if you can pull it off at any time? If it was a one-shot thing, now that's a different matter!

What, blocking? Yeah, that totally ruins the balance of a fighting game.

Naww. It'll be there in multiplayer as well, but I'm guessing it's either a one-time thing, or a rare power-up (the Smash Bros item you saw in the video) or just something that is either very difficult or takes very long to execute.

If it were a power up I don't see how it could possibly be more irritating for the other players than the hammer in the N64 one. The possibility of the head falling off in Melee improved it, but it was still way too powerful a pick up. Almost a guaranteed KO.

I'd love to see Mario square off against Cranky Kong. That would be awesome. I'd also like to see King Dedede. And Fawful would be cool. There are probably more, but I can't remember them right now. :)

Yep, another Fawful vote!

And I liked the Melee hammer. I liked playing Link and daring anyone to pick one up, then down+Aing their ass!

I agree with earthworm jim his humor could be great for the game, and my all time fav ninty cahr warluigi

Earthworm Jim...

If anyone was wondering, I was the guy who bought Clay Fighter 63 and a third.

List-wise - Guy from Metal Slug, Fred Savage, Harman from Killer7 and Kiefer Sutherland.

Now that Snake's in, the sky's the limit!

Yeah, Fred Savage! Bring The Wizard in too!

Ohhh, so you were the guy who bought that game! I wondered who did.

One more guy: if you're going to have Pit, you might as well have an enemy of his: Eggplant Wizard!

No, he already has his own part fighter, and because of all the Viewtiful powers it seems to kind of suck.

I want Young Link from Wind Waker. The styles would clash and it would look interesting, to say the least.

And he could have a gale attack.

It should really be open only to the greatest characters of gaming.

Characters that actually would make sense in this game:

Sonic, Pacman, Mega Man (Rockman if you prefer), some Belmont dude and if they could include Lara Croft that'd be a lot of chav votes right there.