Sign in to follow this  
schepton

Microsoft's E3 Press Conference

Well, you knew it was coming.

It is going on now, but it's being tape-delayed, so Gamespot will have it up in less than an hour.

Gears of Wars trailer is going to open it apperently, then some P Moore, then Cliff B demoing GoW.

Grand Theft Auto IV XBox 360 exclusive. That sound you hear? Sony shitting their pants.

I did read a rumor in GameInformer saying that Sony lost the GTA exclusivity, and that MS may have it now.

Grand Theft Auto IV XBox 360 exclusive. That sound you hear? Sony shitting their pants.

There There

"Available on 360 "from day one". So presumably it's on the others too. "

12:23: GTA4 on 360, October 17 in US, October 19 in Europe. Has a tattoo for that too. Microsoft and Rockstar will have some kind of exclusive Xbox Live content, more to be announced in the future.

12:40: Gates says Microsoft's goal is to make "gaming appeal to people of all ages" and expand the market.

That's why the majority of games shown were FPS titles :shifty:

Apparently Halo 3 trailer is available on the Live marketplace already.

12:54: I get the official Rockstar Games announcement of Grand Theft Auto IV in my e-mail--it says that the game will be release simultaneously on Xbox 360 and PS3. Moore said it was coming to 360 first. What the...?

What the...? indeed.

He said "Available on 360 "from day one" " with exclusive Xbox Live content. He never said (Not available for any other platform on day 1). People will read this sentence, see 360, day 1, and exclusive and think it is an exclusive game. Marketting 101.

ah.. so only the xbox version will have hot coffee

He said "Available on 360 "from day one" " with exclusive Xbox Live content. He never said (Not available for any other platform on day 1). People will read this sentence, see 360, day 1, and exclusive and think it is an exclusive game. Marketting 101.

Guess you're right. I had no idea what he said since I couldn't find a free stream anywhere, so I was just going by what other people were interpreting what he said. Seems like a lot of people covering it fell for it, and by proxy, a lot of people reading what they were writing. Oh well.

Well, if I'm going to play GTA4 and it's between the $400 360 or the $600 (probably the price offered to us Canucks) PS3, I think the answer is clear.

That's why the majority of games shown were FPS titles :shifty:

Well, apparently Microsoft's idea of appealing to all ages is catering to the FPS crowd, and giving the kiddies some shitty pinata game to amuse themselves with.

wow. I just watched the montage from the presentation. It was basically one long FPS trailer (supposedly different games) interrupted by some crappy sports game clips. The only game that really stood out from the rest was Viva Pinata. I'm going to have to disagree with you, OftenK. I think it looks like it could be entertaining, though not amazing or anything. I think it's rather sick that a bunch of people over at Gamespot were saying that they thought Microsoft won this year. woohoo! Go generic shooters!

Where was my hero, J Allard? did he get replaced by the british guy? Did sony get a british guy to compete with this guy, Peter Moore? :erm:

Ok.. so Microsoft was (F|T)PS and Sony was Racing

The only game that really stood out from the rest was Viva Pinata. I'm going to have to disagree with you, OftenK. I think it looks like it could be entertaining, though not amazing or anything.

Yeah, I think it looks fun! I still don't really know the point of it, or how it'll play, but I think it's cute, and I have no problem with brightly colored paper mache. If anything it'll be a great game to play with my little sister.

Indeed. I like the cutesy angle Rare has taken over the years. With the exception of PD and Goldeneye, it's all been cartoony fun. Sure, many of my friends laugh at me for playing this stuff (hell, some laugh at MARIO, forgodssake) but I have more fun than them, so fuck 'em.

I have to admit though xbox 360 seems to have the best quality graphics in their demos. And that Pinata game actually makes me want to get an xbox 360.