Ben

Nintendo's E3 Conference Thread

More Wii stuff.

http://www.coveringe3.com/index.php/e3/article/live-from-e3-fun-wii-facts-confirmed-0511060329/

Some snippets from a will wright interview.

GameSpy: I've got to ask, how do you think Sony will do with that $600 price point?

WW: Six hundred bucks; that is a lot of money. I'm rooting for Nintendo. What I don't like is that the way the Wii controller works depends a lot on how close you are to your TV. If you are five feet away it feels one way. If you are 10 feet away, it feels completely different.

GameSpy: What games are you playing these days?

WW: I am playing with my DS a lot. I am playing Brain Age and Sudoku.

GameSpy: How old is your brain?

WW: It's down to like 29. I did not like the original DS very much, but this new one [DS Lite] feels like an Apple product. It's heavier, smaller, and has a really nice screen. It's a lot brighter.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/spore/707976p1.html?RSSwhen2006-05-11_160100&RSSid=707976

I watched an interview Gamepot held on the floor (literally) with Perrin Kaplan, and she stated that the Wii's price will be something that 'everyone will like' and can afford. Now to me, that sounds more like 200 than 250. But I guess we'll just see, and everything else is speculation.

Perrin has a bit of a creaky voice though. The sound of it wasn't so appealing to listen to.

I watched an interview Gamepot held on the floor (literally) with Perrin Kaplan, and she stated that the Wii's price will be something that 'everyone will like' and can afford. Now to me, that sounds more like 200 than 250. But I guess we'll just see, and everything else is speculation.

$200 would be a fantastic launch price, even though that might mean there will be little to no pack-ins. I'd really like if they bundled two controllers and perhaps even a game, but that perhaps isn't too viable these days. Seeing as how $199 has been the cost of every Nintendo (non-portable) console since the SNES (maybe even the NES?) at launch, it wouldn't be that much of a shock.

It'll be an expensive launch for me either way. So many great games...

I believe we already knew the bundle would just be console-Wiimote-Nunchuck, right? Since these bare-bones are confirmed, I'd say 200 would be a more than adequate price and 250 too much for it.

What I want to know if that Wii Sports thing will be several games in one or not?

They sure look like they will be several in one...

I think the 200-300$ price range is O.K.

Wii Sports is a collection of Golf, Tennis and Baseball. So that's a good deal I guess.

I agree that I am baffled and unamused by the same Mystery Tax that confounds brkl.

And I'd like to add that whether the Wii costs 200 or 250 Euros, I will buy it on launchday. The difference is that with 200 Euros I will see it as a bargain, at 250 as a bit too much and I'll less unthusiastically pay it.

I'm going to wait and see. I wonder how long it'll take for the price to drop to 200 if it launches at 250? Depends on the games, really, I won't buy it until there's something that interests me.

Damn I hate the $250 -> 250€ mystery tax.

I prefer it to the $ -> £ tax that was in place before the creation of the Euro, though. :)

(And that consolevania video is some funny shit.)