Ben

Nintendo's E3 Conference Thread

I'm so getting one!

The funny things, all the publicity bla bla aside, nintendo is making a very valid point. change is good!

:miyamoto::clap:

That was great. It was just too bad that they didn't talk more about what they're planning for downloadable games.

:eek:

That was the most awesome experience ever!

I know this is just the hype talking but now I feel like Ninty is gonna kick Sony derriere!

Ok, hope I didn't miss too much or unload too much fluff. If you see any faults, do tell.

Ok, hope I didn't miss too much or unload too much fluff. If you see any faults, do tell.

SpongeBob, not SpoonBob

That was great. It was just too bad that they didn't talk more about what they're planning for downloadable games.

Yeah, they glazed over that. No titles. No costs. No real details as to the distribution system.

And they avoided mentioning a price. I know they're probably trying to finalize things, but after yesterday's $600 revelation they could have really made some noise with an affordable system.

Oh well. That one tennis demo they had showed more fun than any of the calculated demos that Sony presented.

Almost time for a Microsoft thread.

Oh well. That one tennis demo they had showed more fun than any of the calculated demos that Sony showed.

So true, that looks like a blast. I think Nintendo may just win this new console war.

I don't even care about the rest of E3 now, Nintendo has topped anything that will be displayed later on in the show.

Gah I only saw Miyamoto playing tennis - missed the earlier part.

What I saw was great though.

Hah, I started watching on gametrailers, but it wasn't working well, so I switched to gamespot at the last minute. Then towards the end gamespot lagged and stopped, so I hit play in the other window (still open) and resumed without missing anything! Phew!

Anyway, you all missed the BEST announcement of the whole show! It was a really quick shot amidst the other DS games, so I'm not surprised: Ouendan is getting a US release as Elite Beat Agents! It's one of the BEST DS games, and now it's coming here with (I'm guessing) new songs. It has different graphics, so it's definitely not just a translation! Yes!

Fantastic! Miyamoto might be my favourite person in the world at this moment. The way he handled that digital orchestra, and that suit he was wearing...! Such enormous style!!

And amusingly, I most of all want to play that orchestra game on the Wii.

Oh yes, and ExciteTrucks?! How awesome does that look? I'm a huge Burnout fan, so this looks like tons of fun. Shallow? Probably. Fun? Ooohhhh yeah.

Starfox DS, Yoshi's Island 2 DS...can't wait!

Hmm. No tiered pricing system, but tiered games? A launch Zelda game with damn-near-as-full Wiimote functionality seems worth x hundred euro more, especially compared with the alternative - sitting there, and it's good, but there's something missing, doing something as mundane as pushing a button to swing a sword. I can appreciate that they want to stay loyal to any GC owners who were promised new Zelda but...still...

This just looks like a revolution in gameplay, and the games seem quite interesting.

Of course there's Mario, Zelda and Metroid are enough for me to get one.

Anyway, you all missed the BEST announcement of the whole show! It was a really quick shot amidst the other DS games, so I'm not surprised: Ouendan is getting a US release as Elite Beat Agents! It's one of the BEST DS games, and now it's coming here with (I'm guessing) new songs. It has different graphics, so it's definitely not just a translation! Yes!

This reminded me that I hadn't picked Ouendan up yet, so I actually went and ordered it right now. I found a $5 discount coupon for YesAsia, so it came to $39.99 with free shipping to Sweden. Considering a new DS game costs about $60 here, that's a bargain for me. I'll be picking up the English version too, if it really does have different songs (and I like the original).

Edit: And I guess it really is different. Nintendo has a ton of content up on their site too, so check that out.

Also, if you missed some of the games in the promo video, you can now check that out online too. Clicky.

I can appreciate that they want to stay loyal to any GC owners who were promised new Zelda but...still...

I'll just get both. I usually finish a new zelda game and then start it again straight away anyhow...

That was pretty good, all the people I watched it with agreed. A lot of what Iwata-san spoke about was not simply marketing pap (as often is with these types of presentations). A while Reggie occassionally drifted into that kind of talk, what he said about the whole experiencing the controller and gaming experience on their machine, rather than simply seeing or being told about it, is most definitely true and spot on in my experience.

I would have liked to see more third-party titles, and it would have been nice to have a confirmed launch date, but oh well - we can't have it all now. Oh and Ouenden getting a western release = :tup:

Finally, thanks to Oath for the text updates. Nice job.