Moosferatu

possibly interesting e3 games

Some months ago I played System Shock I for the first time and loved it. So I'm waiting and hoping for Bioshock.

When the final game is as good as Irrational Games' Creative Director Ken Levi makes it sound in this really interesting interview with IGN I'm a happy little monkey.

Lego Star Wars is honestly fucking sweet. Especially the co-op. Check it out, man. And I think the thumb may have reviewed it a while back, so check out the archives. Think about the worst part of the prequel trilogy (hint: the dialogue) and then remove it. Then replace all the crappy melodrama with melodrama acted out by Lego people, thus making it very funny. Sure the game is really easy, and it is entirely impossible to die, but it's just so damn fun and polished that it doesn't matter. Enjoy.

EDIT: Damn you jp-30, you posted while I was writing this. Oh well, this post will stand complete for all to enjoy.

EDIT EDIT: And just for the hell of it, here's a link to Duncan's thumb review. http://www.idlethumbs.net/display.php?id=176

...And still looking for more on that Gitaroo Man thing. Does anyone know about this?

EDIT: Holy Crap! PSP Gitaroo! Count me in.

If you haven't already seen this, there are some screenshots up on GS. Not much to look at, since it basically looks like the original. Can't wait though! I guess I'm finally going to have to buy a PSP, argh.

There's also a little interview video on GS about Lego SW2, but there isn't a ton that isn't shown in the trailer already linked.

It was only a couple of months ago that I first discovered the original Gitaroo (well, OK. I'd known about it before, but didn't have a PS2, and then had to wait until I had a credit card and could ebay it...) so the whole thing is still fresh for me. Love it love it love it love it. Got my PSP last summer for Lumines, so I'm all set. I wonder if they'll announce anything else worth playing for the PSP there.

Hmmm... yeah. Add that to my non-existent list. "Anything that makes me feel that my PSP was TOTALLY WORTH IT."

other than Nintendo?

I'm intersted to see Huxley and Hellgate london... Also Tabula Rasa and Aion.

ummmmm

Bully? Guitar Hero 2...

It's weird, I really want to know more about Huxley and I want to play Hellgate, but I never remember to bring them up in threads like these... Anyway, yeah, Huxley could be really great and I guess you pretty much know what you'll get from Hellgate: London.

Some months ago I played System Shock I for the first time and loved it. So I'm waiting and hoping for Bioshock.

When the final game is as good as Irrational Games' Creative Director Ken Levi makes it sound in this really interesting interview with IGN I'm a happy little monkey.

Whoah, I hadn't read that. Looks like it's come a long way from the world war II bunker design. I'm looking forward to it even more now. I think I'm going to have plan my next PC upgrade around this game :tup:

Lego Star Wars is honestly fucking sweet.

Also, kinda related, I got permission from the devs to mod it (which is agaist the EULA). Here's my SW LEGO Skinning Tutorial. Some other guys have figured out level tweaking too (see this thread). haven't cracked the archives, so no modelling or mapping yet tho'

Damn, you mean I may need to get the PC version now? I already bought the damn thing on PS2, but if mods are in order, I kinda want to try them out. Also, co-op on the PC is kind of suck. You need to have 2 gamepads for it to really work, and short or calling up a buddy and saying "bring your gamepad over" there aren't a whole lot of options for that.

I like how the new Indy trailer is one part game pimping and one part a plea for help. :shifty: Also, their revolutionary bio-ai, or whatever the hell they called it, looks rather suspect. Granted, I'm guessing it's still early in development, so hopefully by the time it's released the characters will no longer be made out of rubber.

I like how the new Indy trailer is one part game pimping and one part a plea for help. :shifty: Also, their revolutionary bio-ai, or whatever the hell they called it, looks rather suspect. Granted, I'm guessing it's still early in development, so hopefully by the time it's released the characters will no longer be made out of rubber.

I have just viewed the trailer ..:shifty: Biomechanical ai - they will actually use biomechanics! Will the game include a usb-compatible brain in a jar? ... my arse - they could as well just rape words the way they are treating the meaning of them :shifty:

And I hate the way the last two indiana jones games have been mostly about fighting in akward 3rd person action-adventures ... this seems none different - just nicer looking... :deranged:

Does anyone know if Funcom is there? Whatever happened to that "Next Big Thing" (or whatever they were calling it) that Ragnar was also working on?

Ragnar is always talking about A Big Next Thing. This year, though, they're only showing Conan.

Some months ago I played System Shock I for the first time and loved it.

You could get into it? I tried a year ago and couldn't manage it. The rough edges on the pre-Doom/Quake interface and the ultra-lowres bitmap characters were too much for me to really stick with it. Gave it my best shot and played for several hours, but then when I stopped I never started again.

You could get into it? I tried a year ago and couldn't manage it. The rough edges on the pre-Doom/Quake interface and the ultra-lowres bitmap characters were too much for me to really stick with it. Gave it my best shot and played for several hours, but then when I stopped I never started again.

Same here, and the controls weren't that great either as I remember. I've tried to start playing it 2-3 times, but never even played more than an hour perhaps.

Awesome Cooking Mama demonstration. The guy said that it doesn't really lend itself to multiplayer. I don't know what he's talking about. I could have had an awesome Iron Chef mod going for it. That would have been a blast. Actually, I think it would be more awesome if it was a straight Iron Chef game opposed to Mama. Who'd want Mama when you could have Takeshi Kaga?

Same here, and the controls weren't that great either as I remember. I've tried to start playing it 2-3 times, but never even played more than an hour perhaps.

Old graphics I don't mind, but the pre-mouse-look controles nearly scared me off. Then I got the first message from Shodan and was hooked.

The situation you guys describe (trying to get into a classic and just don't...uh...fell the magic, or enough of it to keep going) I had with quite some games, but man am I happy that it worked out with this one. Great great game.

I am surprised at how much it still has this Gothic-Look to it. The animations, the characters, the whatnot. It's like Gothic I v3.0. And that's a good thing.

According to Eurogamer Suda Goichi (Killer 7) is working on a game (Heroes) for the Wii, and the lead designer of Contact is forming his own studio and will be working on Contact 2. It's interesting that they're already planning a sequel before the original has even been released. I haven't been able to find any footage of Contact yet. Has anyone else? I really want to see it in action.