Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Hot damn!

Quick! Someone convince an eccentric billionaire to purchase 1,000,000 of those babies! It's the only thing standing between us and more Double Fine interactive goodness!!

Also, can anyone understand what they're saying in the video? (Besides "Ooooh," obviously.)

Also, can anyone understand what they're saying in the video? (Besides "Ooooh," obviously.)

I think that's all they say. That video kicks ass. Tim is amazing. Remember when the PA guys stole his yo-yo? Those were the days. :tup:

Awesome video! I love it! But they must have a lot of free time on their hands if they can make an intricate commercial for their yo-yo.

Just kidding. I love the update. I don't know if I'll get a yo-yo though. The dilemma is that I'd like a ball-bearing yo-yo, but with the design of 2HB on it.

The same excuciating agony is currently tearing my frontal lobe apart. I think I have to get two.

As swell as I think this whole thing is, I will never pay anything more than "free" for a yo-yo, let alone $15.

I guess I am just not much of a yo-yo sort of guy.

I have no love of yo-yo's. Yo-yo balls rock hardcore, but vanilla yo-yo's excite me not. But there are DoubleFine Yo-Yo's. I'm getting both.

And a shirt.

man, I watched that for like 5 minutes wondering when it would end. Then I realized that it was a .gif... :getmecoat

$15 is pretty cheap for a ball bearing Yo-Yo my friend. Think of it as your opportunity to make it up to us for pirating Psychonauts.

Ahahaha... Man that guy is awesome. Read the job application page, it's awesome too. Most sitcoms don't make me laugh like Double Fine's homepage.

I have no idea why, but I just watched all of this Gamespot e3 video blog. It sucked, but somewhere in the 6 minute there's a guy wearing the Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp shirt. :tup:

I have no love of yo-yo's. Yo-yo balls rock hardcore, but vanilla yo-yo's excite me not. But there are DoubleFine Yo-Yo's. I'm getting both.

And a shirt.

Vanilla! Bah! Those (the Raz ones) are YoYoJam Lyn Furys, they rock! I co-own a yo-yo store, so I DO have love of yo-yos. :)

I made up a year or two ago. And here is a

$15 is a great deal for a decent yo-yo, and having Psychonauts logos, you can't beat that! It's a steal! Oh, and if you read the news on DF lately:

Since our last post, some helpful readers have tried to inform us that Yo-Yos were never actually used as weapons, as we had claimed in our Yo-Yo product description. Luckily, it was just this one guy, and even more lucky was the fact that I was up in a tree branch when he said it, and he was standing right below me, so I was able to quickly Yo-Yo him to death.

Yes, that was me!

Didn't DFAC announce that the Df Yo-yo had a ball as well? So they're both not 'vanilla'.

Fucking crazy man. How long have you been doing that competitively?

I started in '98, although it doesn't take very long to learn, especially since the yo-yos are so much better now.

Rodi: They said they're both ball-bearing -- not yo-yo balls. Totally different things.

On a side note, it's hilarious that I left my own forum and came here to talk about gaming, and here I am talking about yo-yos again!

Well, you are in the yo-yo topic. You're in games discussion in other threads, right? And yeah, yo-yo balls, if I remember correctly, are little plastic balls that have a self retracting string in them so that they require absolutely no skill at all. But the glow in the dark! I was suckered into them when I was 6, then got a real yo-yo and actually learned a bit of stuff. Never bothered to get that good with it, but I'm at least competent with the little fuckers.

Also, when I was 10, I found my old yo-yo ball. My fingers were already too big for it. I don't think anyone over the age of 8 is intended to be using them.

So the DF yo-yos are, in fact, not fool-proof. tell me, how long does a yo-yo of that quality last?

Dammit, I catch myself starting to want one.

A very long time. YoYoJam yo-yos (most, not all) use double o-rings for response (never need replacing), as opposed to friction stickers (wear out pretty quickly). The only part inside is the bearing, and that's very durable, same with the body. You can basically throw it against a wall and it'll be totally fine.

If the bearing gets dirty, it's pretty easy to clean (soak in rubbing alcohol). The only thing that definitely needs replacing is the string, but that's true for all yo-yos.

You might bend the axle if you stomp really hard on it or something, but I don't think you were planning on anything like that...?

miffy: I know, but it's still amusing. I never thought I'd run into a yo-yo topic here! As for your yo-yo ball, you're supposed to make a slip knot. Just pull the string through the plastic loop and it'll fit any size finger. :)

I never knew there was so much to Yo-Yos.

timyoyo.gif

miffy: I know, but it's still amusing. I never thought I'd run into a yo-yo topic here! As for your yo-yo ball, you're supposed to make a slip knot. Just pull the string through the plastic loop and it'll fit any size finger. :)

Yeah, that's typically what I do with any yo-yo, but the fact that there's a hard plastic ring there as opposed to a little loop of string just makes me think "hmm... must go around my finger." Either way, yo-yo balls are the epitome of useless trinkets. If your yo-yo comes back on its own, what's the fucking point?