Sign in to follow this  
Steve

I Am So Lame (vote for me in a contest begging thread)

So, I know it's totally lame to beg for votes on a webforum but... I am totally lame!

Backstory: A while ago, some of you may have read my review of F.E.A.R. If you couldn't tell, I was totally "into" the game. I started messing with the level editor and doing some mapping stuff for it. Then Fileplanet announced a contest-- 'make a FEAR map and enter it. You could win big!'

Long story short, I made a deathmatch map called Residential Evil (you know, a clandestine facility under a spooky mansion) and entered it. Screenshots:

reshot21qr5qn.th.jpg reshot56ek7yg.th.jpg reshot34pt2we.th.jpg reshot19hk4cs.th.jpg

Now my map's up for a public vote on Fileplanet. It's cool to have it in the running, but it'd be cooler to win! Check the maps out at http://www.fileplanet.com/fear/contest/poll.aspx , and uh... vote for mine! Registration required... a pain, I know, but it's free.

If I take home the gold, I'll dedicate the win to all you Thumbers across the world.

Thanks in advance, guys... and sorry for being totally lame!! :getmecoat

Hey, you're currently in the lead. :tup:

Man, I guess you should never count out the Thumb vote. :tup:

No. I bought FEAR because of your review :(

And you were disappointed???

I'm sorry. :sad:

And you were disappointed???

I'm sorry. :sad:

Yeah. Don't worry about it, though.

I voted. But after doing so some (morally troubling) questions arose.

Is your map really the best map? I blindly followed your call without owning FEAR or knowing a thing about 'maps'. What if little Timmy made the world's best map but doesn't have the internet-pull? It was his dream to one day win something (and he deserved it, after the thing with his mother) and now I crushed his spirit.

It's my dilemma, not yours, but you're the one who can solve it.

Is your map really the best map?

The answer is in fact yes, so it's cool.

What I mean to say is, this is a moral dilemma that can only be solved by reaching deep into your own soul. Who is "Castorp," really? What are his values, fears, ambitions? Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Dig deep, meditate, and you will have your answer.

Voted.

I expect the choice of one piece of hardware from your old and busted machine if you win the Alienware!

I expect the choice of one piece of hardware from your old and busted machine if you win the Alienware!

Could I interest you in a 56k modem or perhaps this lovely soundblaster 16 PCI card???????

How's the monitor? ;D

Oh you wouldn't want the monitor but I've got this awesome 3.5" floppy drive...!

I'd vote if I didn't have to log into FilePlanet. :tdown:

I guess you could use a free Bugmenot.com login. I didn't try any of those, but they usually work.

The answer is in fact yes, so it's cool.

What I mean to say is, this is a moral dilemma that can only be solved by reaching deep into your own soul. Who is "Castorp," really? What are his values, fears, ambitions? Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Dig deep, meditate, and you will have your answer.

When you say it's cool, it's cool. Cool.

Oh, and I once reached into my soul, but all I got was a lousy t-shirt that said something like: I reached deep into my soul, but all I got was herpes.

For some reason I 'have multiple profiles associated with this account'. 5 to be exact.

You are now back in the lead sir. :tup:

For some reason I 'have multiple profiles associated with this account'. 5 to be exact.

You are now back in the lead sir. :tup:

;(

I appreciate the sentiment sir! But I just want to make sure any voting stays legit... I don't know what the reaction will be when the admins see my map get five votes from your multiple profiles all back to back... I just don't want to risk disqualification, you know. I'm not just picking on Nick, this is more a general note along the lines of "please nobody create multiple accounts just to vote" or anything like that. Let's have a clean fight, people! Thanks again to everyone who's voted.

If you want to check out the map without having to register for fileplanet, it's mirrored here as well: http://www.vgpro.com/file/12263_residential_evil.zip.html

:gaming:

:shifty:

Whoops, my lazer fast brain didn't quite manage to conjure up that scenario.

Sorry dude, was just trying to help.

:getmecoat

I'm actually not sure why or how I have multiple profiles anyhow. :confused: