Spaff

Gamelife Episode 3: somehow it still lives

http://www.gamelifeshow.com/

I'm so addicted to Gamelife now, it's like when you can't look away from a car crash, but this is a car crash between a bus load of spastic kids and a weight watchers day out...

When i watch it i like to play spot the handicap, where you try and guess what exactly is wrong with each host, I'm a bit stuck though...

The intro of this episode is the best yet, get your dose of gaming goodness!

Where the hell did they find three people who can't even speak their native language?

:wtf:

spaff i honestly don't know how you've managed to watch them!

I've not managed to survive more than a minute into any of the episodes.. that feeeling you mention about looking at a car crash? i'm getting that.. except i also immediately feel like i'm about to spew.

In this episode that third guy coming on warbling something about jack bower nearly triggered my bowels... i switched off when the bigger fatter guy said something that sounded like this:

"you guys at home aaaw in fwaaaawwww a special tweat" ... argh!

okay i just tried watching a bit more and he actually starts explaining the gameplay mechanics of tetris ffs...i can't handle it!

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Thrice fooled, I shall not be. I refuse to any longer acknowledge that that exists. Gamelife, you are dead to me.:colbert:

it features cooking mama footage which is actually worth watching, if you can handle melissa's insane grinning face...

and some mad fucking segment with a guy in a spiderman suit...

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Thrice fooled, I shall not be. I refuse to any longer acknowledge that that exists. Gamelife, you are dead to me.:colbert:

Goddamn, I could not be more in agreement. The children need to be cleansed. WITH AN AXE.

I hope they go to E3.

Their collective head would blow from such excitation and we be free.

FREE I TELL YA.

I like the scoring system on GameLife.

"This game really isn't very good at all, I give it 8.5 out of 10!"

Finally a show that really reaches that central hardcore gamer demographic. :deranged:

The first two times you guys posted about this, I thought you were just being unnecessarily nasty, so I just avoided it (I assumed it was just a bunch of kids, like that Red Alert 2 intro remake that circulated).

Now that it seems to have made it to number 3, I finally got around to watching it and shit, spaff, I totally see what you mean. This stuff is utterly compelling viewing.

I am just watching this for the first time and WHOA.

The guy lumbering into camera all "HO HO HO YOU GUYS FORGOT ABOUT ME" is terrifying.

And yeah, up until now I wasn't totally clear on what you do with the blocks in Tetris. Thanks guys.

What? There's a girl on this show? How did that happen?

Andrew looks like he's going to punch someone a lot of the time.

Ohh... Spider-Man... seriously, I can't handle this anymore. He needs to get tear gassed in the face. Get the fuck away from the camera.

...he just took his shirt off... why did he do that...

In fairness I havn't seen the BBC or Sky do any better :shifty:... hell I give this show a 10.5/10 (gamelife scoring system)

The girl wasn't too bad but her hair and smile were infuriating.

The spiderman guy was the best though.

I like the scoring system on GameLife.

"This game really isn't very good at all, I give it 8.5 out of 10!"

Just like the 'official' mags then :hah:

And for the love of all that's good and pure, STOP ENCOURAGING THESE PEOPLE!

I had a conversation with Yufster about this when episode 2 came about. We were talking about how it's actually pretty cool what these guys are doing. I mean, they've managed to produce a half hour show by themselves. 3 in fact. Not a lot of people can manage that. We at Idle Thumbs attempted a video last year, and it sadly failed to make it to the site. These guys are crap right now, sure, but no-one has taught them anything about journalism, games, or TV presenting. Maybe in ten years time they'll be doing TV for real, and experienced and talented with it.

I can't watch it without cringing horribly though.

It's so hilarious, so amazingly hilarious.

But yeah, basically what we discussed was how these guys are obviously using their love of games in a really productive way. I can't deny that it's hilarious and embarrassing... erm... I love it to pieces... but productive... although I'm beginning to think it's all just a joke... it gets more horrible every time...

I uh...in other news, Dan you're never on MSN. I'm lazy and have no credit. :(

Sad thing is, Andrew really does have Downs syndrome, which makes it just slightly harder to laugh at him. I think someone else on the show was slightly mentally deficient in some other way but I don't remember who. Aspergers is a good a guess as any. For whoever.

Apparently though, everyone but Andrew has turned in to a bit of a dick since they got famous on the internet. Guess GOING TO E3 will help that... Oh, right...

No... fucking... way.

I guess I should watch episode three sometime, because I have some morbid desire to see their E3 coverage.

Time for Idle Thumb TV. I can just see it now

"I give this game 0, cause it sucks" , then Remo jumps in "YAAARGH"

It features Gabe Newell and Spiderman, it has a guy in the john and the girl handles the cooking and talks dirty - I love it.

seriously:

It's not that bad. Far from professional, rather cheesy but quite watchable. They seem to be passionate about gaming, the Spiderman performance was good (his acting), they talk like they are prepared (and handicapped, but with that in mind it's even more impressing), they even have puns.

Their scores are strange as are the moderators but they pulled it off so respect from my side.