_oswald

Beyond Good and Evil - stuck and up the creek.

I bring this to you, 'Thumbers, because you are the only people besides my pal LeChimp and myself who have ever played the game Beyond Good and Evil.

Setup: I'm about to go to the moon, but then I decide "shit, I'm missing a few animals - better get pictures before I go." I start hunting them down, get almost all of them on Hillys and then realize one is in the Factory in the 4th floor before the 'Boss Fight' area.

I high-tail it to the Factory with Double H in tow only to find that the elevator that Pey'J half-assedly fixed is now fully broken and cannot be summoned and the only other way I can figure out to get to the area I need to is behind a set of red lasers (the Entrance to the arena where you fight the Robot Domz boss fight with Double H on your side) that I can't turn off.

This irks the living crap out of me. I like BG+E. A lot. But I am not going to replay a whole shit-ton of crap (and at this point, due to the game only allowing five saves - that would be the entire game) in my quest to get every animal photographed in order to get the Animal M-Disk.

Does anyone know another route around this or am I up shit creek without a paddle and just biding my time using my hands?

In shit,

-Erik

Well, it obviously paid off to be very attentative to animals when playing the current areas, but that's not helping you now. I don't know the exact situation by heart, so I wouldn't know if it can be done. I can say that there's little reward when you have all the critters on film, apart from the satisfaction of accomplishment.

If it's the albino mouse (or rat, I forget) you missed then you are plum out of luck, I missed it and got pissed off as it is the ONLY animal in the game that cannot be photographed at a later point, sadness!

What were they thinking? Really. If there's *one* animal you can't return to, they either didn't think about it, which I find hard to believe, or they intentionally made it so that a lot of people end up missing *one* animal and being unable to complete the collection. What kind of school of game design is that?

If it's the albino mouse (or rat, I forget) you missed then you are plum out of luck, I missed it and got pissed off as it is the ONLY animal in the game that cannot be photographed at a later point, sadness!

I'm pretty sure I got the Albino Mouse. I don't know what the fuck I'm missing but I definately consider this a bad level design move.

:pan:

I'm not a "hardcore gamer", I don't intend to replay the game but I would have liked to at least gotten my M-Disc so I could look back at the kickass animal designs that the team created.

Eh. I'll just finish it off and play Indigo Prophecy.

There's one animal which isn't in Hillys - it's in space! Did you get that one?

The whale, yep.

Still one short... goddamnit. Just one...

You have to snap the sarcophagus-like enemies that attack at the beginning. There is only a few places they appear after the beginning and you have to snap them while you're fighting them. One of the places is the room in which the Pig is arrested, the other is in the slaughterhouse at the very entrance to the inner moat. I am not sure if there are any on the moon or if they count since you're supposed to collect the planet-bound animals.

You have to snap the sarcophagus-like enemies that attack at the beginning. There is only a few places they appear after the beginning and you have to snap them while you're fighting them. One of the places is the room in which the Pig is arrested, the other is in the slaughterhouse at the very entrance to the inner moat. I am not sure if there are any on the moon or if they count since you're supposed to collect the planet-bound animals.

I -thought- I did that. I don't know, maybe I can take their picture while fighting the final boss?

Oh, and on that note, the final boss is a total fucking pile of crap. The first three phases are fine, but the fourth phase is unnecessarily stupid and frustrating.

:bomb:

I know y'all love Ancel Marcel or whatever his name is, but I really want to kick him in the nuts for this routine in pure frustration featuring backwards controls, blurred vision and horribly designed 'must hit him in this order only' attack plan of pure molestation.

Haha, the backwards fighting bit was truly a killer. The same thing used to bum me in the gob back when playing Donkey Kong Country 2 and the Dizzy game in the castle.

sollution: turn your keyboard/controller upside down.

Thats how I beat the endboss :)

sollution: turn your keyboard/controller upside down.

Thats how I beat the endboss :)

Current plan:

Drink more Grolsch beer and try again.

If I don't beat it on the next half-dozen tries, I'm going to just ask for someone to spoil the ending for me and move on to another game. This has to be one of the single worst game design crapfests I've ever encountered.

And I've played Daikatana and the Iron Maiden "Ed Hunter" game. Ugh.

Current plan:

Drink more Grolsch beer and try again.

If I don't beat it on the next half-dozen tries, I'm going to just ask for someone to spoil the ending for me and move on to another game. This has to be one of the single worst game design crapfests I've ever encountered.

And I've played Daikatana and the Iron Maiden "Ed Hunter" game. Ugh.

I actually think the endboss-fight was very creative and well-thought out... It took some tries - but I think it made sense...

Hee, I didn't actually find it THAT hard. Once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy to do afterwards — that goes for quite a lot of things, really.

Stick with it and you'll crack it. It's a nice ending, so you may as well considering that you've come so far.

Hee, I didn't actually find it THAT hard. Once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy to do afterwards — that goes for quite a lot of things, really.

Stick with it and you'll crack it. It's a nice ending, so you may as well considering that you've come so far.

If my patience can put up with the 4th phase, I'll beat it.

Otherwise, I find it just too incredibly cheap when the DomZ Priest goes above you. Dodging that without taking a hit (and hitting him before the 'timer' resets and his pattern goes back to the beginning) isn't challenging - it's just stupidly frustrating.

I guess I read it best on the Mobygames:

"An eclectic gem in the rough, marred by a few rather silly problems"

I didn't think it was all that difficult. Just imagine that Jade is suddenly an airplane and you're controlling a Flight Sim. :)