Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Futurama

With all the Futurama loving going around I figured it deserved a proper thread. So, what are your favorite episodes?

There are so many great episodes that it's hard to narrow it down. I really like Three Hundred Big Boys. The ending when Fry hits 100 cups is priceless. I also really like both of the Anthology of Interest episodes. Leela's stories were the best what with her killing everyone and going to Oz. Priceless. Oh man, I think I'm going to have to watch them both tonight. There are so many great episodes... The Christmas specials are brilliant too. It's a shame Zoidberg never really got any great episodes focusing on him. That one where he goes to Hollywood I thought was rather disappointing.

Here's to the return of Futurama!

hypnotoad-head2.gif

What about that episode where they go to his homeplanet, Decapod 9 I think, in time for mating-season? He even amputates Fry's arm (I might be mixing up episodes here) and then performs the quite successful post-battle surgery! That's quite Zoidberg-centric, right?

The Hollywood episode is, together with the Leela-plays-Blurnsball, one of the worst. Objectively speaking.

What about that episode where they go to his homeplanet, Decapod 9 I think, in time for mating-season? He even amputates Fry's arm (I might be mixing up episodes here) and then performs the quite successful post-battle surgery! That's quite Zoidberg-centric, right?

Yeah, that episode is pretty good, but that's still only one episode.

I love the episode on the robot planet.

"LET THE HUNT BEGIIIIIIN!"

(Mac bootup chime)

Probably the best joke of Futurama.

That's hard to say, given how many things they've managed to pack in to all the seasons. My favorite episode, overall, is probably Roswell that Ends Well. The animation and 3D-work on that episode is so good, and the writing isn't too shabby either.

I probably like The Sting the most. Most of my favourite episodes are in the third and fourth seasons, but I actually like the second season the best. Maybe because the worst episodes are in the third and fourth seasons also.

I really like the one with the Harlem Globe Trotters and the " Goldu Cookaru" shows screamed by the japanese guy.

My favourites are...well, so many. The whole first season was great.

Apart from those : A clone of my own, Roswell that ends well, Insane in the mainframe, Love and rocket, Crimes of the hot.

I probably like The Sting the most. Most of my favourite episodes are in the third and fourth seasons, but I actually like the second season the best. Maybe because the worst episodes are in the third and fourth seasons also.

Yeah, The Sting is an awesome episode. Actually, it was one of the first episodes I ever saw.

I love the episode on the robot planet.

"LET THE HUNT BEGIIIIIIN!"

(Mac bootup chime)

Probably the best joke of Futurama.

Now that's one of the few episodes where the direction was in total sync with the writing. A thing of beauty. Most episodes of Futurama were good jokes presented awkwardly (the show has way too many bad episodes for being only four seasons long), but the characters are so amazing you stick with it anyways.

Oh, I have lots of them...

"Where no fan has gone before" - All-time fave. The Star Trek in-jokes are hilarious, from Kirk ripping his shirt before going into battle to the fanfic stuff, to oy...just hilarious.

"A taste of freedom" - No sure why I love this one so much. I'm guessing it's b/c of the "Don't mess with earth" song. That cracks me up.

"Crimes of the Hot" - Al Gore saying, "I have ridden the moon worm" is just great.

"Futurestock" - 80's gags. Gotta love 'em. Also, "I AM JOR-EL, MASTER OF SCHEDULING." Genius.

"30% Iron Chef" - One sentence says it all: "Soylent Green is my kind of people."

Also, the two "Tales of Interest" anthologies are great. Again, Al Gore with the great guest appearance (and Gary Gygax, for extra nerd-action). And so on. I could go on for days.

I didn't care much for Jurassic Bark.

One of my favourites (that hasn't been mentioned yet) is Obsoletely Fabulous. The female robot powered by a waterwheel cracks me up every time.

Jurassic Bark is a very well done episode, but it's hard to watch. ;(

That's precisely why it was so good. That one ending sequence in that episode had more emotion in it than a full season of the Simpsons or the entire run of Family Guy cubed. Kind of gave me a new found respect for the writers of the show.

It was kind of funny when my sister was going through my DVDs. She got to Jurassic Bark and wouldn't watch it because she remembered seeing it once and it made her cry. Damn good episode, but not really what you want when you're watching Futurama. That's its main downfall. As good as it is, you're not watching Futurama to have your heartstrings pulled at. You're watching it to laugh.

That's precisely why it was so good. That one ending sequence in that episode had more emotion in it than a full season of the Simpsons or the entire run of Family Guy cubed. Kind of gave me a new found respect for the writers of the show.

It's a good episode, but as a general rule, I tend to prefer the ones that aren't so heartfelt.

I like my shows funny, not poignant. So while I like ones like Jurassic Bark or Leela's Homeworld, I'd much rather watch something that makes me laugh.

I think that I love all the episodes equally, man this was a great show. ;(

This thread made me watch season 4 for the first time.

I kinda liked Roswell That Ends Well, and really liked Love and Rocket, Godfellas and Where No Fan Has Gone Before. The other ones ranged from utterly crap to merely watchable.

I guess I'm not a big fan of the Parody Planet X or Theme Planet Y episodes that could just as well have worked on The Simpsons. Such episodes are only saved by the prescence of Zoidberg who is consistently bizarre and hilarious.

It always seemed to me that the show was really finding its feet in season 4, although season 1 is the most consistent. It was going to have to tread a thin line to avoid overdoing certain things, like maybe the Fry and Leela thread, but I am convinced it had a few more very good seasons in it.

I like Jurassic Bark. The ending is highly manipulative, and a strange note for Futurama to want to end on, but beautiful and affecting for what it is. I like that it becomes such a different kind of episode. I think there should be room for that as a show evolves. If it had been my first episode of Futurama I'd be very confused though, so maybe it is a big risk/mistake.

The ones that build this epic story thread are great, so The Luck Of The Fryrish, The Day The Earth Stood Stupid, The Why Of Fry...

Also Less Than Zero (the Zookeeper!), Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings, Parasites Lost, Insane In The Mainframe, I, Roommate, Bicyclops Built For Two, 30% Iron Chef...so many really.