toblix

I Want to Play Condemned, but I Can't

This sucks. I installed Condemned and started playing, and Jesus, it looks good. I want to play it really bad, but unfortunately, I can't. I'm too scared. I could barely play through the part in Half-Life 2 where you're in the tunnel with all the burnt out car wrecks, and you hear the grunts of wandering zombies further ahead. Silent Hill I had to play while it was sunny out, and Condemned... I just can't.

Am I the only Idle Thumbs pussy?

No, you're not alone. I usually find something in most first person games to become frightened off. It's not really on an extreme level, but it's like I just pick something out and then become terrified over it. Having a third person camera helps, but I usually work my way through the game in any case if it's worth it.

The latest example is the dungeons in Oblivion. I dread going into them, but manage to force myself a lot of the time. I think it's the fact that it's pitch black, besides the tiny little ring of light around you, and then monsters lunge at you from around corners. So cheap, yet so effective...

I didn't manage to play all the way through Resident Evil 4, and Silent Hill I haven't even tried since the first one which scared the living shit out of me.

Get something that gives you Night Eye in Oblivion. It's really easy to enchant a ring or something with that if you can.

Back when I was playing Doom III and living at home, I was sitting in my room with the surround sound going really well. Lights were out, it was around 3 in the morning, great atmosphere to play the game in. I was wandering around the corridors when a woman's voice says "over here..." and footsteps start appearing in blood leading to this door. I walk up to the door and just as the door opens, the door to my bedroom bursts open and my younger sister yells "HEY PETER!!!!"

...I almost shat myself. Turns out she just wanted to borrow a CD of mine, but it scared the living hell out of me. ;(

Also, as HL2 has already been mentioned, I really had to force myself to keep playing anytime I heard that creepy rattle from a black headcrab.

• Drowning in Sonic.

But balanced perfectly with the relief of catching a bubble of air:

"wib-wop"

After playing FEAR (which terrified and delighted me immensely), I decided to give the Condemned 360 demo a whirl and, no, I didn't finish it. When the insane crack addict broke through the wall behind me and all I had was a pipe to defend myself with, I squealed like a girl and shut off my 360.

I'll probably buy it soon.

The main reason I never completely finished systemshock is even when I cheated I was sometimes too scared to walk into a room. I had to keep reminding myself of the fact that I had godmode on :/ Damn mutant monkeys and their spooky screams ;(

BTW:

Speaking of Sonic, why is sonic rush so goddamned hard? Somehow I suck at Sonic :frusty:

I want to play Condemned too, but I can't... because no one in the city of San Francisco is stocking it for PC yet :( What is all this garbage