OftenK

Bone Part Dos

Has anyone played it yet? The last one, while certainly not terrible, sort of left me feeling a little ripped off (mostly because it was so short). I wanted to get some opinions on the most recent installment before deciding on downloading it.

I can confirm that it's a big improvement over the first game, for various reasons. It's longer and the gameplay is more challenging. There are lots of little, non-essential things you can do that make the gameworld feel more immersive. The price has also been lowered to $12.99.

(I recently started working at Telltale, but I'd be saying these things even if I didn't... in fact I did, long before I came to work here.)

There hasn't been much press yet, but we should be seeing a lot of reviews in the next few days. Eurogamer did a review on Monday and they called it an improvement over the first game.

I've played about half or just over half of it now, and it is quite good. While I enjoyed the first one too, The Great Cow Race is vastly superior. I strongly recommend it. It really does bring you back to the good old LucasArts adventures. I really like the characters too. I haven't read the comics yet, but I managed to find a good deal on the complete one volume edition which should come next week. Out of curiosity, what's the thought on the new colorized editions? Are they really all that much better than the original black and white? It doesn't make sense to me that they'd stop printing the originals completely to publish the colorized versions.

I ordered the CD, but it's... out of stock....;(

That's because it hasn't been manufactured yet... They're printing them right now. You should have been given a download code to play the electronic version in the meantime?

That's because it hasn't been manufactured yet... They're printing them right now. You should have been given a download code to play the electronic version in the meantime?

Ooh! I got it just a few minutes ago... :grin:

I just finished it. It's great. :tup:

Has anyone else finished it yet?

Does anything different happen at the end if you just give Thorn one of the small cows instead of the big one?

Only played the demo thus far and will probably be playing the full version within a few days, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much of an upwards step it is.

So much so, in fact, that I made a great big blogging about it.

Out of curiosity, what's the thought on the new colorized editions? Are they really all that much better than the original black and white? It doesn't make sense to me that they'd stop printing the originals completely to publish the colorized versions.

I haven't really felt the need to buy the colourized editions as I have a massive volume with all of the old black and white ones in it, but I've glanced through the first couple of volumes in the local comic shop and it really isn't that much of a change. The story is great, regardless of colour artwork, so enjoy.

My GOD! You get the code in addition to the CD? now that's support.

Yes, every CD order comes with a code to unlock the downloadable version. :)

I love that the game opens with the line "Don't get me wrong, I liked the last one, but it was way too short!"

I played through the whole game and enjoyed it very much. It's certainly longer than the previous one, and I couldn't help but think back to Day of the Tentacle. I'm looking forward to the next one!

I bought the damn game the same damn day I bought damn Another World.

Now, on one hand, my proxy prevent me from activating Bones and on the other hand, I'm stuck in Another World just after escaping the prison level... a damn day, that's what it is!

I'm pretty impressed by how the quality has improved (based on what I have seen so far). The scenes are a lot more interesting and dynamic than the screenshots lead you to believe. The production values might not be at a big-budget level, but they're made so much better by the camera movement and interactivity.

I agree with Thrik that it's still not a "brilliant" game, but it's well above the average quality in the adventure genre. If the next game is a similar step up in quality, I might just become a genuine Telltale follower (instead of supporting them mainly because I like their vision and their shared LucasArts legacy).

I have a feeling that Bone Act 3 or Sam & Max Act 1 (whichever comes first) will be Telltale's tipping point.

And by that I mean "tipping point". Not referring to that super hip Web 2.0 cyberspacian buzzword everyone in the media industry seems to be dropping at random. ¬¬

I just finished reading the complete graphic novel. To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, just not nearly as much as I'd hoped. Out of Boneville and The Great Cow Race are by far the best books in the series followed by The Dragonslayer and Treasure Hunters. The more action oriented parts I didn't think were nearly as good. I think the biggest let down was that Thorn and Fone's relationship wasn't really developed any further past book two or three. Phoney and Smiley shine throughout though. Jeff Smith should do a series on their crazy exploits in Boneville. Now that, I think, would be a big hit.

One more game I need to buy during the summer.

Ahh, I can't wait to spend all my days inside while the sun is shining etc.

(Not going to happen, except the buying part...)