Sign in to follow this  
jp-30

Invert Mouse in Beyond Good & Evil? (PC)

Hiya,

Having read much about BG&E on Thumbs I finally sourced a PC copy. As is my preference in 1st & 3rd person games I inverted my mouse in the setup such that pushing the mouse up makes you look down, and pulling down makes you look up.

It works fine in the 'camera' mode where you try and photograph creatures, but for some stupid reason when inverting the mouse in normal / walk mode, the x-axis also flips, making the player uncontrollable (ie. pushing mouse left makes Jade turn / look right).

I've searched the web for solutions to make only the mouse y-axis invert with no results, and see a lot of frustration out there with people having the same problem. It seems there's never been a patch to fix it.

Has anyone encountered a workaround for this? It's making the game extremely difficult to play...

I never had this problem, but since this is now the Offical Beyond Good & Evil Support Thread I'll ask something too. When I move Jade around, the camera shakes violently up and down, as if being pulled along some uneven surface. This is present in both boating levels as well as when you're on foot. Any ideas? Ubisoft's support did nada.

Yeah I think I tried the patch, but I'm not sure. Next time I install the game I'll make sure to use it though.