BigJKO

Revolution at GDC thread

If you're following Iwata's keynote at the GDC, then join in on the thread.

Supposedly we'll get the final name of the console. Not big, but at least we get to say it's stupid. And that's always fun.

Hopefully we get some new game info. At least a demonstration of how awesome the Revolution is..

At any rate, there are pictures. Glorious pictures.

Funnily enough, that's still the old model we saw at the last GDC. According to Nintendo the final console will be even smaller.

Any new names announced yet? :) Can't really keep check on the whole GDC from my work without getting an angry manager at my desk :/

But hey, awesome news! Psychonauts wins for best writing. Hurrah!

That is no news. ;)

Maybe they'll call it... the minintedo experience system!

Nice pictues, but the Nintendo presentative IGN got to pose with the console really looks very uncomfortable.

Slightly less here, but even more here. You almost feel bad for her, but then you remember she gets paid for that. I mostly felt bad for IGN, as they felt the need to include that last picture (you can barely see the console), which is obviously just there to "show her off". Lame as fuck.

I mostly felt bad for IGN, as they felt the need to include that last picture (you can barely see the console), which is obviously just there to "show her off". Lame as fuck.

Well, on the bright side it shows how fucking small the Revolution is.

Is anyone else hoping they just call it the Nintendo?

I think Revolution is the best name they could've come up with. I also think that Dolphin is cooler than Gamecube and Ultra 64 is better than Nintendo 64 (it sounds like some sort of lame shaving utensil and that makes it :tup: in my book).

Ok, shit has officially happened at GDC.

For the Revolution:

Selection from the "best of" Sega Genesis and TurboGrafx titles to be downloadable. :tup:

For the DS:

Zelda DS, cel-shaded, by the Wind Waker team, heavy use of touch screen. 2D perspective, 3D content. :tup:

Ok, so apparently, this is what the new Zelda looks like (yeah, not very good pictures):

photo0323060235jn.jpg

photo0323060250rt.jpg

Looks a lot like Four Swords to me, but that's still great.

The really scary thing is, that lady who looks really uncomfortable in the Revolution pictures is the spitting image of my mother...

:eek:

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/popups/video.jsp?id=5JIzKiVx5r0Gu_uNPnTPRZMbliXeeJM1&itemDesc=articleLocal∝=articleShared.video&index=1

Trailer for the new Zelda. It looks a lot better than those pictures (same photographer as the guy that photographed Big Foot, I'm guessing).

I like the mix of classic 2D with The Wind Waker style. And the Dark World theme.

MegaDrive on Revolution...!! :tup: :tup:

And Zelda DS made by the Wind Waker team and uses cel shading.

Hell yes!

Oh, I love how you can draw notes on the dungeon map.

Zelda on the DS. :tup:

Sega Mega Drive on the Revolution. :tup:

What's this I hear about The Revolution's offical name being: Nintendo GO.

Can anybody confirm or (please) deny?

They might have as well opened my skull and took a dump in it.

:eek::colbert::miyamoto::reggie::sartre::dopefish:

I don't think it will be the name of the console (well i hope not), it's more likely to be a trademark for something else. Look at the logo, it's a bunch of dpads in a cube and doesn't appear to bear much of a visible relation to the console whereas the gamecube logo gad well.. a cube thing in it and the DS logo represents the two screens.

If it's not a fake then maybe it's a trademark related to the WiFi network, or some technology that allows you to take your downloaded games with you on your DS or.. a brochure for a Nintendo employee pension scheme or something!

nintendo_go.jpg

Yeah, if anything it's for a Revolution service rather than the system itself. Still, apart from the gradients, that logo isn't too bad. I like the implied optical illusionish Cube in there (or, if you look at it another way, not there).

I'm guessing it's for their downloadable content service. Not that I have any basis for that, it's just that it's a pretty cool name (better than Live!).

Now I want a DS :( any of you thumbers (not the psp guy, he sucks) want to switch your ds with a classic rare hard-to-find collector's game boy color? :grin:

Wait, which PSP guy? As I understand it, a few of us have them and just like our DS's more. Either way, me likey the Zelda trailer and the prospect of playing a bunch of old Sega games that I never had a chance to play. Happy happy happy. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Side note: In the Zelda trailer, is Link following the fairy around? If so, it may get a bit irritating to direct the fairy with the stylus and cover up the screen by doing so. Worries begin for me now...