Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

favorite tv shows

...or how The matrix was partly responsible for the Dreamcast down fall (I knew I hated that film for more than one reason); I've had to turn it off for being truly heart wrenching.

How was The Matrix responsible for the Dreamcast's downfall? :erm:

How was The Matrix responsible for the Dreamcast's downfall? :erm:

I'm guessing he meant the advent and popularization of DVDs, which all came at the same time the Matrix came out and the PS2 was out.

Guessing.

I actually just watched that episode about 2 minutes ago. I must commend n0wak on his insight. They say that DVD hadn't really caught on in Japan at that point, but when the PS2 arrived it was the cheapest player available in the country, thus the PS2 sold like crazy simply because it could play DVDs. The PS2 outsold the Dreamcast based on it's capabilities, not its games, but then had all the lead it needed to take over entirely. This show is much better than I'd expected, I may have to watch some more soon...

I've found that the secret to watching tv series is to download them. Then you don't have to sit in front of the tv all day, switching channels, waiting for the shows you watch to come on.

I've found that the secret to watching tv series is to download them. Then you don't have to sit in front of the tv all day, switching channels, waiting for the shows you watch to come on.

Instead, you sit and stare at the monitor for 7 hours as you have no self control and want to see what happens next on House, M.D... That was a nice day.

I put all of House on my PSP and watched it between classes. That was a good couple of weeks...

Shit, I like House, but in terms of addiction it has nothing on Lost. I watched the first 32 episodes every free moment I had and stayed up all night.

When I realized that episode 7 was missing from the compilation my friend gave me, I went to Wal-Mart because it was the only place open at 3am. This happened to be on the night of Thanksgiving, so I got the day-after-Thanksgiving price.

When I realized that episode 7 was missing from the compilation my friend gave me, I went to Wal-Mart because it was the only place open at 3am. This happened to be on the night of Thanksgiving, so I got the day-after-Thanksgiving price.

And THIS, Ladies and Gentlemen, is dedication. SCARY dedication.

Has Rodi mentioned Black Books yet? That series is brilliant

Actually no. I still wish to do so: Black Books is highly amusing and occasionally brilliant. I just watched a few episodes of its creator's next series "The IT Crowd" (that name alone makes it almost a must-see for the people here), about a bunch of IT-nerds in a company. It's a familiar premise and a familiar composition of characters, but it seems to hit the right nerves yet again. Very fun, very sitcom, but again highly amusing.

There are 4 american series I'm following :Scrubs - funny but less and less surprising, Boston Legals - just fucking brilliant and hilarious, House - very well written, with more and more emphasis on the secondary characters. It's like The Shield in a hospital. Except the main character isn't bald and doesn't go shouting " Cluberrin' Time!" to make a living.

I've discovered The West Wing this yearand it's a delight : I'm watching the serie randomly between the french episodes from whatever season and the current ones. I don't know if the serie is that smart but it sounds so and that feels good. And the bad guy from Heat Vision is starring in it!

Last but not least,Kaamelott, a french TV shows whose humor begins to wear off a little bit in this third season. The format is quite different from the american series : it's composed of several 5 minutes sketches based in a fictional Kaamelott... it's not the Monty Pythons at all but it's as funny.

Couldn't really be bothered splitting these into active and cancelled shows, but here's a few of my alltime faves as of now:

Invader Zim

Father Ted

Battlestar Galactica

Rome

Urusei Yatsura

Samurai Pizza Cats

Buffy (fuck off, it's great :yep:)

Firefly

Family Guy

Animaniacs

The Day Today/Brass Eye

Spaced

Quality stuff all :woohoo:

How the hell did I forget to mention Zim? It's my fucking AVATAR for god's sake. I've got a Gir action figure with a squid on his head sitting over my monitor watching me as I type this. AND I DIDN'T MENTION IT!!!!

... I have to go hang myself in shame now...:getmecoat

I've almost finished watching the second season of Samurai Jack now. It's definitely an improvement from the first. I still can't get over just how incredibly beautiful this show is. It's amazing. In a way the show reminds me a lot of Batman: The Animated Series -- awesome art direction with some questionable plots. I saw on Amazon that the third season is coming out in a few weeks. Which season is considered to be Jack at his best?

Oh and that reminds me: just yesterday I ordered the first two seasons of Batman: TAS, for the incredulous price of only €9,95 each. It's madness I tell you!

Someone directed me to Bol.com, the dutch version of it. BUt maybe it's an error, you know. In any case, I have to take the chance.