Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

V for Vendetta

I saw it tonight, and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. It actually was pretty good. I haven't read the graphic novel it's based on, so I have nothing to compare it to. I'd certainly recommend seeing it, especially since there really isn't much else worth seeing in theaters these days.

Yeah, I really liked it. Just really enjoyable and pretty smart, and I was glad finally see a movie that isn't a re-make of something from the 70's.

Guy Fawkes headsmiley anyone?

mask_news.gif

I'll be seeing it tonight. Hopefully most of the comic will be intact, even though I've heard some bad things about how it's not really about anarchism versus fascism as much as it is about the American policitical climate today. I guess it could work that way too, seeing as how the original was made as a reaction to an active government, but I'm not sure.

I also hope they lost some of the miraculous crime-solving wonderdrug, when the detective (or whatever he was, can't remember) visited the camp, as it felt a bit spaced out in the comics.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised too. Maybe the Wachowskis aren't completely useless after all. Not that the screenplay was perfect, there were some silly stuff that should've been changed or removed.

The acting was really good, especially the large British cast was excellent.

Oh, and Oath:

There is no crime solving wonder-drug.

So I'm just back from seeing it. Having not heard much about it, or read the comic, I had no idea what to expect. I have to say, I enjoyed it quite a lot, though it was very political. Mind you, I get the feeling that a gentle reminder of how bad things can be is not inappropriate. Especially given the current political climate in america, and, to lesser degree, in britain :shifty:

But yes, go see it. It's a good movie.

I liked it, a lot. Even though it didn't exactly follow the comic throughout, it didn't really feel very bothersome. The only thing that I feel was actually not excellent was how cheesy it got a few times towards the ending, but considering how great other parts were I'll be overlooking that.

Yeah, as a huge Alan Moore fan I was reluctant to like it... but I actually did! The good parts definitely outweighed the needless cheesy moments ("My life changed the moment I saw you", that kind of crap). A fan-edit might actually improve it by cutting out some of the awful dialogue, so then it'd be perfect! (Maybe :)).