Thrik

Snakes on a Plane: OFFICIAL TRAILER

I know that there is already a Snakes on a Plane thread somewhere or other, but the sheer magnitude of this moment demands another: the official trailer has been released.

soap005.jpg

snakesonplane.jpg

Yes, that's right: you can now sit down and enjoy a short sample of the epic blockbuster that will be Snakes on a Plane. See Samuel L. Jackson whipping mother fuckin' snakes with mother fuckin' snakes; see Samuel electrocuting mother fuckin' snakes with tasers; see Samuel cocking a gun in preparation for a session of killing mother fuckin' snakes.

In short, prepare for the most exciting ride of your life: Snakes on a Plane.

Click here to preview the best movie of 2006

Fuuuuuuuuck yeah! :tup:

The offical site is also up, but doesn't really contain anything yet. Damn, it's really looking good. Oxygen mask snakes and giant fuck-off snake crashing from lamp are both awesome. Snakes speeding down the aisle in a cart is great too, but it would be better if they were chasing Jackson down in it.

I love that guy holding the snake that came down with the oxygen masks, screaming his face off. Awesome.

Yeah, the fact that he's holding a cheap plastic snake while screaming his head off is great. I also love how horrid the cgi is.

It's too bad they don't have more dialog in the trailer, the only line that's said at the beginning of the trailer was a great one liner.

I can't wait to see this movie.

This could seriously be one of the best movies of the decade.

C'mon man, the title doesn't at least have you a BIT intrigued? Viral marketing or not, with crap this cheesy, it'll at least be a fun way to waste an evening. Its like 8 Legged Freaks: Pt. 2 would be, except, y'know, with less suck.

I think significantly less people would be interested if it wasn't, you know, Samuel L. Jackson.

Am I the only one that would never ever pay for something like this? This is viral marketing at its best... people actually look forward to this thing!? Maybe I am just born in another world. :oldman:

If i want snake pits I watch MacGyver or Indiana Jones.

At least in this case the Internet started the viral marketing before the studio picked it up.

Guest Monkey

Being original does mean to do something that no one else thought to do and this film shows how much modern day originality in hollywood ...stinks.:tmeh:

:fart: .....:yep:

What's next?

Train circus!

There is a circus train...

The animals on the circus train get loose...and the lion trainer runs out of the lion train car and heats up some chili in the dinner car...then he runs to the train and accidentally dumps the hot chili on the conductors pants and laughs about it..so they , the conductor and lion trainer try to fight to death while all of the animals are loose on the train!!!!:mock:

Starring , :mrt: and also starring.....:benstein: ...

PS...

snakesonplane.jpg

In the picture it looks like he is grabbing him and he is wacthing him do it.....

A bunch of people thinking a movie has a hilarious premise is not viral marketing. I'm insulted :/

Oh my god! :eek: I mean, there are... snakes... on a plane! This can be deep!

I had actually missed all this hype and I must admit that I was a bit surprised when I found out what the basic idea of movie "Snakes on a Plane" was. This was some kind of anti-"Lord of War" experience for me.

But I must agree, that snake/oxygen mask bit was amazing! I can't even imagine how shocked I would be in that situation... :shifty:

Oh wow, that snake coming out of the woman's bosom... awesome!

I'd really like to see what effect this movie has on other movies though. If it's a success, what are the odds that other movies will purposely adapt a stupid/hilarious name as well just to attract instant public appeal? Will there be a future clause in the contracts of actors that they have to defend some wacky bit of the movie because that was 'the reason' they took the job? I don't doubt the sincerity of Snakes on a Plane, but I'd doubt abything that comes after this one with a similar story.

Apparently, the studio is now saying that this isn't the official OFFICIAL trailer. This one is for the tagworld contest and, they claim, the CG is not indicative of the final film. Hmmm.

How could the CGI possible get even better? My heart is skipping beats!

Does anyone know of another page with the trailer? I've been googling...

I can only hear audio and have tried multiple browsers? :frusty: :frusty:

Does anyone know of another page with the trailer? I've been googling...

I can only hear audio and have tried multiple browsers? :frusty: :frusty:

You probably need to update your Flash Player version. The tagworld trailer uses Flash 8 for some unknown reason.

Probably, but it wouldn't hurt to have a working script to tell you as much, rather than only play audio.

Probably because it's the latest? :shifty:

Yes, but there's no reason to use the latest version since, as already proven in this thread, not everyone has it yet. The lack of proper version detection on their part further infuriates the matter.

The new version came out several months ago, and the video compression in it is far superior to that in Flash 7. How exactly is the changeover to 8 going to occur if everyone carries on using the last version? People always need a push when it comes to updating software.

Version detection is actually just something that can be enabled via a checkbox when exporting the movie as far as I'm aware, and it throws a chunk of JavaScript into the page; a lot of people seem to miss it, though. Fortunately, many stick a "You need Flash 8" link somewhere or other

The new version came out several months ago, and the video compression in it is far superior to that in Flash 7. How exactly is the changeover to 8 going to occur if everyone carries on using the last version? People always need a push when it comes to updating software.

Yes, it's better. But the standard is to always develop for one version back (to make up for slow adopters and the like) except when dealing with embeded ads, which generally go two versions back (sometimes even to Flash 5. I recently had to convert some ads that some designer did in Flash 8 because they were lazy and inconsiderate bastards).

This is also why the likes of YouTube and Google Video use Flash 7. More accessible.

And yes, they (tagworld) missed to install any proper detection because they are also lazy and inconsiderate.

Anyway.