Salka

Where do you work/study?

Another nosey thread so that we can get to know each other, supposedly.

Where do you work/study? Do you enjoy your job/study?

I work at Little Chef, which is a little restaurant that's part of the Travelodge company. It generally gets busy for two hours in the morning, at lunch, and at dinner, and about two minutes before closing time. I'm a Waitress. We get no tips, but we do work exceptionally hard. Overall, I enjoy my job, but the first hour of each shift passes excrutiatingly slowly.

I'm in college/high school/whatever it's known as in your respective country, still. But I hope to study animation or programming. I enjoy study. Can't wait for Uni.

Okay, next person.

I work for UCSC Media Services. Normally I'm a videoconference tech, but over the summer I'll be working for the engineering unit fulltime.

I work here part time. I am a data enterer/manipulator person who sends people letters regarding their insurance policies, and cancels their policies and does such things. I enjoy my work, because I get to sit at a desk all day drinking coffee and talking.

The rest of the time I'm student of Software Engineering here. I also enjoy this.

I work at the ROC Aventus (that's a school/college) as network administrator. It's nice to work there, because they've got tons of software I can freely use at home. (All legally, mind you) Their network environment is quite large, so I got a lot of experience with Novell Netware, Windows 2000 and even Linux.

I also study for a Bachelors degree in Information Services and Management at the Saxion University. The building is only 10 kilometers away, so I still live with my parents :)

office-sm.gif

This is my room, where I study or work on my game.

--Erwin

I see... the Golden Gate bridge?

And the rest of the things in your room, of course. I see them, too.

I work here part time.

You guys have one of the most annoying TV adverts ever. What's that URL again? Shall we reinforce it with a huge dancing elephant? Arrrgh!

Well I was half right. It's a bridge.

Yes, Elephant.co.uk has the worst ad ever.

I study at the same University as AGA, but I'm doing a degree in Photography in the Arts.

Well I was half right. It's a bridge.

Yes, Elephant.co.uk has the worst ad ever.

Yup, nothing wrong with your eyes. I bet you can't read the model type of that laserjet on the right though ;)

--Erwin

I spy...

Grim Fandango...

The Brooklyn Bridge...

Star Wars Stuff...

The very same staple gun I have...

Daffodils...

PRINGLES!!!

Three computers...

Drugs.

I spy...

Grim Fandango...

The Brooklyn Bridge...

Star Wars Stuff...

The very same staple gun I have...

Daffodils...

PRINGLES!!!

Three computers...

Drugs.

I hate him more for having an original, boxed copy of Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom...

I hate him more for having an original, boxed copy of Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom...

One of my favorites :innocent:

--Erwin

I go to Barton Peveril College (eastliegh)... just bout 2 start my 2nd year... and I work at Burger King In Southampton... opposite the Bargate. Though I am occasionally sent to work at shitty hedge End :deranged: I don't work at McDonalds because their adverts also contend for WORST ADS EVER awars (I agree That elphant ad makes me want to punch that elephants lights out)

His name is Trunkie, I'll have you know. And yeah, the adverts are pretty fucking annoying.

To all people living outside the UK and Ireland that have not witnessed the sheer horror of these ads, I shall explain;

Elephant dot co dot UK!!!

That's Elephant dot co dot UK!!!

Summed up excellently there...

Concerrning McDonalds...

Do they try and spin their bollocks "I'm lovin' it" over in America too?

To all people living outside the UK and Ireland that have not witnessed the sheer horror of these ads, I shall explain;

That's Elephant dot co dot UK!!!

Plus: (dancing elephant)

elefant.gif

That's elephant dot co dot uk!

Summed up excellently there...

Concerrning McDonalds...

Do they try and spin their bollocks "I'm lovin' it" over in America too?

Yes.

My favourite McDonalds advert is a recent one. They were forced to put less salt on their chips/fries for health reasons. Note the use of the word 'forced'.

And the advert?

Something about how McDonalds was caring for you by lowering salt levels, so mum could feel happy as child turned into fat-junkie...

I especially hate the new one, with the guy trying to make McDonalds out to be evil and the guy behind the camera constantly proving him wrong, and they both end up looking stupid.

The funny thing about McDonald's is that no matter how many arguments you make about the company itself, their food absolutely sucks. Even compared to other fast food chains (and by quite a margin, too).

ALL fast food sucks compared to Jack in the Box.