ysbreker

Hot titles you're waiting for

Oooh, that's a story you don't hear very often; Wii's breaking down.

I've probably stated it before here and there, but I'm looking forward mostly to Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles which is due at the end of November. I'm gonna try play through the game in one evening, co-op with a friend. I hear it's pretty tough, but that co-op alleviates some of the nastiness.

I've been steering clear of all the Assassin's Creed hype, watched a few movies, yeh, but not really been concentrating on it. This afternoon I learn it is out in 2 days!

Just read a few reviews, watched the HD release trailer, reviewers are saying it's nearly as good as it is supposed to be.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/pla...nscreed#critics

General consensus: control system is brilliant, fighting could be tedious unless you learn the nuances, the intelligence gathering for each hit is a little samey, overall bliimin' good fun. Shall be purchasing on friday. :woohoo:

I've been steering clear of all the Assassin's Creed hype, watched a few movies, yeh, but not really been concentrating on it. This afternoon I learn it is out in 2 days!

Just read a few reviews, watched the HD release trailer, reviewers are saying it's nearly as good as it is supposed to be.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/pla...nscreed#critics

General consensus: control system is brilliant, fighting could be tedious unless you learn the nuances, the intelligence gathering for each hit is a little samey, overall bliimin' good fun. Shall be purchasing on friday. :woohoo:

There's a review on gametrailers, it got a score of 9.1 which is great. Only thing it said to be lacking was gameplay.

Here's the link to the review if you want to see it

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27616.html

Eurogamer gave Assassin's Creed a bit of a minor panning, and I can normally trust their views. It's shame, although I'll obviously give the game a try as soon as I can.

I used to use reviews to decide what games I would buy, but lately some reviews have been talking about pure crap. If a game you like gets a bad review you should always try it out. I mean who cares what others say, right?

Well, yeah, that's why it's best to find a publication or website who's tastes mirror your own. And Eurogamer does explain the bad parts of the game pretty clearly. But like you say, I'm still going to try it for myself.

Haha, wow. I was just looking for this all day yesterday. I had forgotten the name. Looks incredible, though, and I'm glad some developer's finally stepped up. i hope it hasn't become an XBox exclusive though.