Tanukitsune

Sonic X-treme demo!

OH MY GOD!

Who ever bought this is lucky, who ever sold it is an idiot!

And soon we'll see lots of high def pics!

By the way, what happened with the retro forums? :erm:

Interestingly enough, I read a little about this in the forum I linked to on the "Penn & Teller Smoke and Mirrors" Sega CD game. TheRedEye guy who acted as the middle man for this sale is the same guy who got the copy of P&TS&M and set up the torrent for it.

From what was said in that forum (I'm to lazy to link to it or the other thread at the moment, it sounded like there wasn't a whole lot in the demo, so I'm not entirely convinced that it's worth $2500.

Still, it's Sonic X-Treme.

Being a ninty fanboy back in the day, I ignored pretty much everything Sega up until the Dreamcast. I've come to see this as a mistake, but what can I do about it now?

Anyway, I assume that this game was never actually released or something and that this is why this is such a big deal. Anyone care to help clarify this for me?

w00t!

The game was going to be made for the saturn and was going to be the first True 3D sonic game. It was supposed to be SEGA's Mario 64 if I remember right.

I can't believe that there's only one demo disc in existence. I mean why would there be? They surely would have made more than one and it's not as if they would just throw them away.

In any case I'm looking forward to that gameplay footage. :yep:

The article says that the dude who sold the demo was in charge of destroying all the disks for Sega and decided to hold one for safekeeping. Mystery solved. :grin:

Interestingly enough, I read a little about this in the forum I linked to on the "Penn & Teller Smoke and Mirrors" Sega CD game. TheRedEye guy who acted as the middle man for this sale is the same guy who got the copy of P&TS&M and set up the torrent for it.

He's a big collector and has a few other "only copy left"-games too. Really cool, but it seems like an expensive hobby.

He's a big collector and has a few other "only copy left"-games too. Really cool, but it seems like an expensive hobby.

I'd love to have a "only one copy left" game, but I doubt I could ever afford one...