Sign in to follow this  
nsps

Just how awesome is the DS Lite?

It always surprises me just how dark the DS screen looks in pictures. It doesn't seem that dark in person.

Last night the touch screen on my Old Skool one stopped functioning properly. After a year and a bit of great love, my poor launch DS has finally given in to excessive tapping. I think I may have gotten the extended warranty, but still. Now I really need to get my hands on a lite ASAP so I can go back to games that don't use just the buttons. Until then, I've got nothing but Sonic (except for the emerald gathering, which is unfortunate because I've only got one emerald left to get before 100% completion) and Animal Crossing. C'mon Ninty, lemme at those lites!

I'm glad I decided to buy Micro when I did! I almost got a DS and I would've regretted for the rest of my life.

There's still plenty of love for the bulky DS in THIS house, I will tell you. Me and my girl have ordered our seperate mothers to create stunning little coats for our DSes. They will rock our worlds.

I gotta see if I can get mine repaired or something. Awesome as the Lite is, this clunky sonofabitch has a special place in my heart. The fact that the paint has worn through the paint on pretty much every edge on the thing is merely a sign of much love. Though I will get the lite, this sucker is going to be framed or something as the first step in a long tradition of awesome.

I think this is an appropriate topic to mention that the DS is my favourite console ever.

(I know it's a handheld.)

I second. And I think I've finally convinced a few friends to get one. I shall be dependent on WiFi no longer! Bwah ha ha ha!

I had the opportunity to play Mario Kart against Ron Gilbert with Clayton Kaulzaric's DS during their Paris meet-up last saturday.

It was the first time I used this console, or any portable console since the Gameboy... I'm 99% PC.

Although Mario Kart itself did not bring me a lot of fun, I must say that I'm very interested in the DS Lite after talking about ScummVM ports with the devs that day.

After 30 seconds of play, I eventually noticed the screen was indeed not comfortably bright.

Looking closely about its possibilities (playing...outside !!), it convinced an old PC geek like me to buy this console. This just tells you how awesome the DS Lite is.:tup:

Hey cool, you were at the meetup? I think it's awesome that Ron does this sort of thing, flying over to Europe for business or pleasure and then arranging a meeting with fans. That's just super.

I'm glad I decided to buy Micro when I did! I almost got a DS and I would've regretted for the rest of my life.

You would? :erm:

The Lite looks supurb and I'll definately be getting one. Not until they sort out some decent colours however, as whilst I don't really care about the colour the current ones make me want to empty my stomach each time I see them. A black or red one is what I'm waiting for.

This is why I'm glad I have my oldskool DS though, as it means I can carry on enjoying all the amazing games until they do bring out new colours.

Not until they sort out some decent colours however, as whilst I don't really care about the colour the current ones make me want to empty my stomach each time I see them. A black or red one is what I'm waiting for.

ds_lite_1.jpg

Hmm, I just found out that only the white and sky-blue colours will be available at the european release, whose date remains unknown.

I'd have wanted a black one too, but if they don't make one then the navy blue is dark enough for me.

Might they match the DS Lite's colours with the Revolution's ? Has Nintendo already done this in the past (matching colours between consoles) ?

07.jpg

Might they match the DS Lite's colours with the Revolution's ? Has Nintendo already done this in the past (matching colours between consoles)?

Well, the original GBA is the same colour as the Gamecube, but beyond that I don't think there's much.

The DS Lite looks brilliant and I will be purchasing one as soon as it becomes available. I really like the glossy white, even if it does bring the word "apple" into my mind for some reason!

If buying an earlier revision of something is an act that you would regret for the rest of your life, I hope that you never buy a computer or an mp3 player or a car -- you'd become downright suicidal.

It's good, very good. It might be the first console I buy. When is it supposed to appear on the european shores ?

In a couple months, I think.

As for the colors, I seem to remember reading that the DS Lite was designed to match the revolution. I assumed this meant in color as well as design aesthetic.

I knew it. This place was just too far beyond belief with it’s friendliness and lack of aggressive forum-infesting wiseacres and common morons to be a real internet-message board.

It’s all just a setup for tricking people into buying a DS. Quiet clever with the whole some-threads-not-DS-related-stuff going on, but when I, who is, like one of the other victims, 99% PC, felt the urge to buy this hideous (but still lovely and shiny and even portable) device suddenly it all became clear.

I’m so not falling for it

(but now my DS-less future seems dull and dark)

Dammit, he's seen through our plot. DO NOT LET HIM ESCAPE, MY BROTHERS! HUNT HIM DOWN AND COOK HIS CORPSE AMIDST A HEAP OF BURNING PSPs!!!

They look awesome and cute and stuff, but I have a great love for my beautiful DS and shan't be replacing it any time soon.

So much DS Love.

So I read they're uppificating the production of the DSL in order to make more of them so the Japanese are happy.

Is Japan the only country it's available in, though? Isn't it being sold anywhere in the US or Europe or Middle East or Africa? Just Japan?