Sign in to follow this  
aaronc

Interactive hint games

Hello,

I am a middle aged man and would like pointers to adventure games that

have in-play, interactive hints. I found only one which is called Keepsake.

Thanks for any and all help.

The only one I can think of off hand is Torrin's Passage.

I would, however, like to point out that Universal Hint Systems, though not an internal program, is good for poking you in the right direction if all you're doing is looking to avoid spoilers. (A good, not lazy, person would probably give you a link... but I chose not to. :erm: )

The only one I can think of off hand is Torrin's Passage.

I would, however, like to point out that Universal Hint Systems, though not an internal program, is good for poking you in the right direction if all you're doing is looking to avoid spoilers. (A good, not lazy, person would probably give you a link... but I chose not to. :erm: )

No man, that's the way to go. You're giving him a nudge in the right direction, but not spoiling the solution.

You'll have to use dosbox, and even then it takes some fiddling. If you have a high end PC then you shouldn't have as much trouble though. I managed to get Pandora working pretty well, but then I never ended up playing it... one of these days.

iirc Phantasmagoria also had hints in the game. Not a lot tho.

Seriously? I was really looking forward to that game, but then got too damn busy to give it a shot. Maybe after exams are over.

Dosbox is a program the emulates dos. You might also want to check out this front end for it. The site looks like crap, but it's actually a pretty good program.

The CSI games have hints built in. And Future Boy! (which is great fun in spite of being a text game).

Seriously? I was really looking forward to that game, but then got too damn busy to give it a shot. Maybe after exams are over.

The second Bone game is coming out soon, and it's promising to be longer and better than the first. (I really liked the first one, but some people complained about the length.) If you're going to wait until your exams are over anyway, you might want to start with that one. :)

Dosbox is a program the emulates dos. You might also want to check out this front end for it. The site looks like crap, but it's actually a pretty good program.

More accurately it emulates a whole processor that's running DOS. That means that practically all old games work, but also that you need a decent processor to run the games.