Moosferatu

Oscars

That's certainly true. It's hard to even get nominated for art direction or costumes without being a period piece. (See Alex McDowell's brilliant work on "Minority Report," which wasn't even nominated a couple years back.)

John Williams annoys me these days. He did pretty good stuff in the 70's and 80's, but he's lost touch. I was glad that Gustavo Santaolalla won. I like his style.

Now, crash? wtf.

Also, I haven't seen any of the nominated best pictures. I need to go out more.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't there been like three dozen films named "Crash" already?

The only other one I'm familiar with is Cronenberg's '96 movie. I was a bit weirded out when the theater I work for started getting posters for a movie that came out 9 years ago.

...yeah, I know. It's ten years ago. Wasn't when I got the posters, ok?

It's getting to that time of year again: FOTY.cx Oscars!

When all the good movies are released, and there are no Transformers sequels.

Favourite films/performances over the past year?

Wow, way to bring a thread from the dark beyond.

It was on the cusp of being locked forever. Interesting how many people are the same, and how many are different.

That link features a large black oblong that says: "The video you are trying to watch is no longer available". Are they satirising the MPAA or something?

Weeeeell. Now this is a weird year. I didn't see any of the movies that are in Best Picture, Best Actor or Best Actress categories as nominees.

Haha, the only nominee in all of the categories that I actually have seen so far is Rango. Weak year...

Anyways, this year I will have to watch the Oscars show live again after a few years of not watching it live. Just because Billy Crystal is hosting it this year. :tup:

Wow, Puss in Boots is in the best animated feature? Seems like they were one movie short... Anyway, Rango it should be, it was great.

It's entirely disappointing that Harry Potter 7-2 wasn't nominated for best picture. It would've been a nice 'Return of the King'-esque gesture towards this unique movie franchise and it was a genuinely awesome film to boot. I saw it four times in cinema.

I'd love for The Ides of March to get Best Adapted Screenplay.