Sign in to follow this  
Guest Battousai Chick

Other Gaming Sites [spam]

Guest Battousai Chick

Name the other gaming sites you have heard of on the web:shifty:

<urls removed>

first post with a reference to two ds gaming sites.

Perhaps a ban would be in order then?

I mean, it's an OK idea for a thread, but this is just some pretty shitty viral advertisment.

Yeah, but does it really matter here? As was pointed out on the main page some time ago, this has almost become a ninty fan site now. Not that there's a problem with appreciating the DS or owning one, just that marketing to people who already seem to "get it" might not be too good an idea. If that was all this person was trying for, then they either won't come back or will come back and see these responses. Either way, probably won't be bothering us again, so is a ban really necessary? It's no worse than those "Hey! Come buy some of our virtual gold!" posts that other threads get at random, and those get brushed aside pretty damn quick...

I'm not talking about the merits of this type of advertisement. I just like setting examples, so that the company that was hired to do the viral marketing won't target the Thumb the next time they go for some campaign. This probably isn't the work of an actual company though, but making a "statement" by removing users that contribute nothing and only spam the boards with ads is something I consider worthwhile.

FYI this is what it says when you try to register an account on the Thumbs forums:

Viral Marketing Alert: Viral Marketing (or "seeding") is NOT welcome on this forum. Posts considered to be viral marketing attempts will be deleted immediately, and will result in complaints being lodged against you with your ISP and your employer.

On the MBN I had stupid nasty viral marketer.

It was the "Billion Hit Man": http://www.magicball.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10588

I did the same crap on a lot of other forums.

I'm amzed that they even take the time to go through the registration process while it's quite obvious spam like that might me fixed within a rather short time.

On the MBN I had stupid nasty viral marketer.

It was the "Billion Hit Man": http://www.magicball.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10588

I did the same crap on a lot of other forums.

I'm amzed that they even take the time to go through the registration process while it's quite obvious spam like that might me fixed within a rather short time.

I bet this is some sick kind of viral marketing too! Ban him!

no I'm not.

there's nothing viral about my marketing

It's their use of language that amuses me most. The tone of voice as it were.

"hey guys, did you see see this ting? huh? I'm just gonna link it here, just in case, you know? I don't think it's that cool, but it's pretty cool? Huh?"