Roderick

Castlevania DS

Could someone tell me what specifically is different between the European and American versions of Castlevania DS? I've heard the US version was better, which is postponing my purchasing the EUR version.

I think I have the US version. but I didn't know there was any diffirence between the two?

I have the Euro version, I'll be vaguely annoyed if I now find out there is a difference and that the Euro version is worse somehow :shifty:

Well, I can't find anything on it on the democratic Internet, but I heard it from friends' friends.

I think they are fibbing, but it might have to do with the piano room?

In any case it won't be something to cry about... I hope...;(

I don't think that damn piano dskljhaslkgj room does anything in any version, it's just there to be a pain in the face

I say lies also. Mainly because I don't want it to be true.

Alright, alright. Still, WHY WOULD PEOPLE LIE TO ME ABOUT THAT?

Think about that.

It has been confirmed that the piano room does nothing in any version. It's just there.

As far as I know, and have heard from obviously trustworthy people on the internet, there is no difference. The Euro version, if there should be some minute variation, is worth getting anyway.

Alright, alright. Still, WHY WOULD PEOPLE LIE TO ME ABOUT THAT?

Think about that.

:eek: You just blew my mind.

Only differance I've heard of reading guides and stuff (to make sure I had 120% completion!) is that the European version comes in a almost transparent box (rather then the regular black) and has a manual in full colour instead of black & white.

All in all, no differance in the actual game, only in the packaging.

Only differance I've heard of reading guides and stuff (to make sure I had 120% completion!) is that the European version comes in a almost transparent box (rather then the regular black) and has a manual in full colour instead of black & white.

All in all, no differance in the actual game, only in the packaging.

That's the description of every DS game, they all have transparent boxes and color manuals...

Well, some manuals are in black & white but they are mostly in color...

Seriously? Man I got screwed with my black cases. (thought the manuals are sometimes colour.) Transparent would look pretty damn sweet up there on my games shelf.

The US black boxes are also slighty smaller than the European transparent boxes and I think that's a good thing.

The US black boxes are also slighty smaller than the European transparent boxes and I think that's a good thing.

I always thought things were bigger in the US, not the other ways around...:mock:

It's true, the Euro boxes are rediculously big, I much prefere the black US ones on me shelf.

That's the description of every DS game, they all have transparent boxes and color manuals...

Well, some manuals are in black & white but they are mostly in color...

Hehe, oops. I've imported most of my games from Canada, so I hadn't really noticed. :D But still, that seems to be the only difference for Castlevania, just like any other game, then. :)

I don't think it's cheaper looking, the transparant plastic. Myself, I think it looks far more sophisticated and future-proof than dull black.

I don't think it's cheaper looking, the transparant plastic. Myself, I think it looks far more sophisticated and future-proof than dull black.

I agree about that, but I really would like for the boxes to have the slim shape of the US releases. They just seem a bit too bulky, especially when you compare them side by side.

Maybe the thread should be kept on topic though:

How many of you bothered going for 100% map and soul collection? I spent some grueling hours running around with Ghost, trying to find walls to break. After I cleared the map I didn't really feel like starting to farm souls, so I skipped the few I had left. Now I've lent the game out so I doubt I'll complete it anytime soon.

Well, how about you?

How many of you bothered going for 100% map and soul collection? I spent some grueling hours running around with Ghost, trying to find walls to break. After I cleared the map I didn't really feel like starting to farm souls, so I skipped the few I had left. Now I've lent the game out so I doubt I'll complete it anytime soon.

Well, how about you?

Yepp, got 100% map and 100% items on Hard mode. Some are pretty boring but not too bad. :) Iron Golems is a pain to get in this version since it lacks the flying mat soul. :D

I got stuck on 99.9% map in the bonus mode and I just can't find what I might have missed. :(

I can't say, I don't have the game yet ^_^ I did collect 100% in Aria of Sorrow though, so I think I might do the same here. There were some viciously difficult souls in that game too. Especially that flying fish thing... man, sheer impossibility.

That said, I never understood why there was a link-feature in the game? You could quite practically get everything yourself, and it wasn't like Pokémon where you had different versions. I think I would have liked that though, having even more collectability and diversity to the game like that, but ultimately the gameworld wouldn't have been interestingly large enough to support that, and the game itself would not have been as popular as Pokémon to justify insane collectability.

I went for 100%map, I haven't gotten into the lucky 7 room yet. For the Iron golems I'm pretty sure the dead pirate soul worked for extra damage from behind and I got behind him with the barbariccia soul then got out the scorpion tail.

As for getting 100% souls I don't think I have enough patience.

That said, I never understood why there was a link-feature in the game? You could quite practically get everything yourself, and it wasn't like Pokémon where you had different versions. I think I would have liked that though, having even more collectability and diversity to the game like that, but ultimately the gameworld wouldn't have been interestingly large enough to support that, and the game itself would not have been as popular as Pokémon to justify insane collectability.

In the DS version you can design a couple of rooms yourself, fill them with monsters and stuff and then your friends can play a time attack like game in your rooms and stuff. Not the most exciting, but still a kinda cool idea.

Other then that it's the same as in Aria of Sorrow, trading souls.

I agree about that, but I really would like for the boxes to have the slim shape of the US releases. They just seem a bit too bulky, especially when you compare them side by side.

Maybe the thread should be kept on topic though:

Well, how about you?

I got 100% in map and souls, but that's it...

I try to be as complete as possible, but I have too many many games to complete...:frusty: