Tanukitsune

Snakes on a Plane (and Gnarls Barkley)

Idle Thumbs on a Plane :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

"I want these motherfucking snakes Thumbs off this motherfucking plane".

I opened mijn collector's edition of Sin City (metal case) and there was a Snakes on a Plane flyer in it. It was like finding the Golden Ticket.

Speaking of MTV awards, you don't often see good music on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCWJVvE0Fk

The greatest band I've discovered yesterday. The dude on the keyboards is none other than the ever-so-formidable Danger Mouse. The dude singing has a really awesome, almost anachronistic voice, in all some really quality stuff. I have no idea what they're doing on MTV.

Oh man, that's great. Yeah, I bought their album a couple weeks ago. Well worth it. :tup: :tup: :tup::violin:

Surprisingly good, yeah. Great voice especially, but overall a bit too repetitious for my tastes.

Yeah, Gnarls Barkley is pretty cool, I should probably get their album. I found out recently that Chris Vrenna, the former drummer of Nine Inch Nails, joined them and is the guy in the Chewbacca costume.

And every video I've seen has them playing a different version of Crazy, like this one

There are 4 songs on the myspace page Kingz posted. "Go Go Gadget Gospel" is nice.

Hmmm... my music informant at work has been telling me to get their album for a while now. This has strengthened my resolve. Gnarls Barkley, here I come.

you missed this great outfit:

myspace_alerts.jpg

Also, Go Go Gadget Gospel is the best name for a song ever.

Spaff brought this band to my attention because of their Violent Femmes cover. Can't say the rest of the album grabbed me the same way as Crazy, but I think they're growing on me now.

For people in the time zones that haven't missed it already, Gnarls Barkley is supposedly going to be on Leno tonight.

This poor thread has been hijacked so many times now. Wasn't it originally for Stay Alive?

well, maybe... but wayne's world is simply a fun movie

SoaP is going to kick some serious ass, I don't even need to tell this to anyone, you all now it already.

I'm confused. Why would someone choose to kill snakes on a plane with some kind of harpoon.

(Except for the obvious reason that he is Samuel L. Jackson and he can do whatever he wants.)