Moosferatu

Games Played

What games have you guys been playing while Thumbs was down?

I picked up a DS recently:

Animal Crossing :tup:

Phoenix Wright :tup: :tup:

Zelda: The Minish Cap :tup::tmeh:

Metroid Fusion :tup:

Mario & Luigi Partners in Time :tmeh:

I also finally got around to finishing Planescape: Tourment, and Icewind Dale. Planescape was amazing, but I can't help from feeling sad while playing it because of all of the missed cinematic opportunities. While the writing the was top-notch, I think games should do more showing than telling. The memories especially were just begging to be realized in subtle cutscenes.

Pfft.. It's been so long I can barely remember....

I finaly got my hands on We Love Katamari recently, and I just got a Sega Saturn!

Which I will go back to playing right now!:mock:

DROD completely owned my gaming time for the last while, but now I have PAL shadow, psychonauts and katamari to mess with, so I'm happy.

I finally got Shadow of the Colossus back in December but by and large, I've been whoring myself to Lionhead's two most recent releases, The Movies and Black & White 2. And I'll be getting Fable for the PC someday, even though I already have the XBox version. I am just a Lionhead crack addict.

- Morrowind :tup:

- Diablo 2 :tup:

- Majora's Mask :tup::tmeh::tdown: :tdown:

- Advance Wars DS :tup:

- Mario Kart :tup:

- Kingdom of Loathing :tup:

- Guild Wars :tup: (so far)

Out of curiosity, Moos, why do you think Mario & Luigi is only meh? I'm going to buy it no matter what because I loved the GBA version, but I'm still interested in your reason.

- Majora's Mask :tup::tmeh::tdown: :tdown:

You suck.

I thought Partners in Time was great. Possibly not as good as the GBA original, but definitely a worthy sequel.

Animal Crossing is the only game that matters to me.

However, I believe I once completed Project Rub, and liked it very much.

Jesus, while the forums were down I competed Psychonauts and RE4 and... completed University and... now I have three teenaged children and a summer house in Spain...

Also Guitar Hero.

Out of curiosity, Moos, why do you think Mario & Luigi is only meh? I'm going to buy it no matter what because I loved the GBA version, but I'm still interested in your reason.

It probably just wasn't my cup of tea, because it seems most everyone else really enjoyed it. I guess I didn't think it was all that funny, and the combat I found to be repetitive to the point of tedium. Though, the later was probably my fault. I have trouble using items in games because I'm always saving them in case I could put them to better use later, so I ended up only using the Bro Items during boss fights.

Well, I bought my first handheld since the Game Gear so I've been very busy playing all the DS games that I've missed out on so far.

• Castlevania: DS :tup:
  • Meteos :tup:
  • Zoo Keeper :tmeh:
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time :tup:
  • Elektroplankton :tup:
  • Advance Wars: DS :tup:

I have a few other DS games, but those are the ones getting the most play.

As for the other platforms, I've been pretty busy as well...

• Astro Boy: Omega Factor (GBA) :tup:
  • GTA: San Andreas (PC) :tmeh:
  • Resident Evil 4 (GC) :tup:
  • Psychonauts (PC) :tup: :tup:

And then I've played a few old favorites once again...

• Grim Fandango :tup: :tup:
  • Jet Set Radio (DC) :tup:
  • Crazy Taxi (DC) :tup:

I like those bullets. You're very organized!

I've been playing lots of World of Warcraft. But... I can control it. I've also picked up Simcity 4 again for no reason other than that a own a Mac now and it's one of the few other Mac games I like. I keep starting new cities promising myself to make them beautiful but then I get lazy and use a boring grid layout anyway. I dissapoint myself.

My DS has been taking a break for a while. I guess I'll maybe play Sonic Rush and Feel the Magic on it soon though. *glances at Ben*

I like those bullets. You're very organized!

My goal in life is to become the official Idle Thumbs bullet point-list manufacturer.

- Crusader No Remorse :tup: or so I used to believe but after playing it :tmeh: it needs fixes

- Fable: The Lost Chapter :tmeh:

- Serious Sam 2 :tdown:

- Trackmania Sunrise ... got screwed over by bol.com so had to return it

- Trackmania Nations :tup:

- Scrapland :tmeh: starting to get repeditive

- Spheroid :tup: :tup: I just want more levels

I also finally got around to finishing Planescape: Tourment, and Icewind Dale. Planescape was amazing, but I can't help from feeling sad while playing it because of all of the missed cinematic opportunities. While the writing the was top-notch, I think games should do more showing than telling. The memories especially were just begging to be realized in subtle cutscenes.

Yeah, the technical limitations of Planescape Torment (:tup::tup:) are pretty obvious, but I can forgive that I think because the writing is easily the best part of the game and I'd go so far as to say the only really enjoyable part also. (and actually I don't know if I would have wanted more cutscenes because those character models were pretty bad.) I played it for the second time a couple months ago and enjoyed it a lot more, maybe because I knew what to do this time and wasn't missing all these major character and plot points.

Also I replayed Knights of the Old Republic II (:tup::tmeh::tup:) which I have grown to love a lot. It's similar to Planescape in that the writing is best thing it's got going for it, but dissimilar in that large chunks of the story are missing. Which is why am I really looking forward to that restoration project which will make the game a whole lot more coherent and a whole lot more awesome.

I finally finished fucking Morrowind (:tup::tmeh:)over a year after I started it. Although really all I finished was the main quest, 'cause with the expansion packs and all the side quests I do not believe it is technically possible to finish Morrowind.

Also: King Kong (:tup:) and I guess I am halfway through both Halo (:tmeh:) and Uru (:tmeh:), though I haven't played either one for months.

Also I replayed Knights of the Old Republic II (:tup::tmeh::tup:) which I have grown to love a lot. It's similar to Planescape in that the writing is best thing it's got going for it, but dissimilar in that large chunks of the story are missing. Which is why am I really looking forward to that restoration project which will make the game a whole lot more coherent and a whole lot more awesome.

That is entirely awsome. Thankyou. Please let me know when it is done to any degree. KotOR2 could have been the game of the decade, if it wasn't given such a premature cesarian.

In the meantime I must give the game to Spaff so he might play it :grin:

- The Ur-Quan Master (StarControl 2 conversiony thing here!) :tup: :tup: :tup:

- Fable: the Lost Chapters :tup::tmeh: :tmeh:

- GTA: SA (again) :tup: :tup: :tmeh:

- Rome: Total War + Europa Barbarorum (full conversion mod here!) :tup: :tup: :tup: (+ :tmeh: because its a beta :deranged:)

I'll chime in with a "me too!" for the KotORII thingy - if they can make the end-game + lead-up work as it should be and fix the dialogue/alignment issues then that'd be awesome sauce.

Yeah, the technical limitations of Planescape Torment (:tup::tup:) are pretty obvious, but I can forgive that I think because the writing is easily the best part of the game and I'd go so far as to say the only really enjoyable part also. (and actually I don't know if I would have wanted more cutscenes because those character models were pretty bad.) I played it for the second time a couple months ago and enjoyed it a lot more, maybe because I knew what to do this time and wasn't missing all these major character and plot points.

Yeah, the quality of the cutscenes if they'd made them back then probably would have sucked. The cutscenes in Infinity Engine games are usually pretty bad. I was even surprised that the quality of the pre-rendered cutscenes in KotOR was quite poor as well. Cutscenes don't really seem to be either Bioware or Black Isle's strong point. Though, I love the intro to Planescape. I was just saying that I couldn't help but imagine how much more incredible the game could have been if it had had beautiful, cinematic cutscenes.

That KotOR II mod sounds sweet. I never finished playing it, but I'll definitely check it out again once the mod's done.

-Shadow of the Colossus :tup: :tup: :tup::colbert::yep::worship:

I loved it even more than the smilies show.

-Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time :tup:

-Animal Crossing: Wild Life :tup:

-Mario Kart DS :tup:

-Fahrenheit :tdown:... er... :tdown: - I just thought it was very lame, and really disliked the animation (animation is life, it's essential for proper story telling and they blew it in my opinion).

Replayed:

-Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker

-Grim Fandango

-Super Mario 64

-ICO

-Earthbound - It was even better the second time around.

-Psychonauts

they all get :tup: galore.

EDIT: It's Animal Crossing 'Wild World', not 'Wild Life'.

The culprit that was responsible for this mistake (which was my memory) was beaten with a baseball bat in the face, shot four-teen times, and was fed to a lovely blue shark named Freddy.

For some reason, the name Freddy is always suiting for a blue shark.

And I'm also playing VF4 Evolution a lot.:tup:

I just finished Neverwinter Nights about 10 minutes ago. Even though it's probably Bioware's weakest game singleplayer wise, I still enjoyed it a bit. Now I just need to complete the 2 expansion packs.

-Fahrenheit :tdown:... er... :tdown: - I just thought it was very lame, and really disliked the animation (animation is life, it's essential for proper story telling and they blew it in my opinion).

GET READY!

hmm let's see:

- Civilization IV :tup: :tup:

- Out from Boneville :tup:

- Pirates (revisited) :tup:

- Psychonauts (revisiting) :tup:

- Planescape Torment :tmeh: (well it's good, but I didn't have the energy to play very far)

- Mean Streets :tup: (the first Tex Murphy)

- Quake 4 :tmeh:

- Max Paine 2 :tmeh:

- Mario Kart DS :tup:

- Another Code :tmeh:

- 80 Days :tdown:

- Fahrenheit :tup: :tup:

- Gun :tdown:

yep.... A lot of these I just sampled so yes - I have a life. In real world I managed to graduate - so now I'm a post-graduate in middle-eastern archaeology which is perfect seeing as I'm from Denmark (solution: get finnish passport)... Well I was also drunk a lot... woheyy

- Football Manager 2006 (I'm seriously addicted to this game) :tup: x5

- Alien Hominid on GBA :tup: x3

- Castlevania Double Pack GBA :tup: x3

- Mario Kart DS :tup: x4

- Kyodai Mahjongg :tup: x4

Though I haven't played any DS games in like three weeks and even then MK DS was pretty much the only DS game I did play.

That's a lot of thumbs right there, no disappointing game experiences here lately. I had to improvise because of that 15 images limit. I went a little too crazy first with those images... :grin:

-mario kart DS :tup: :tup:

-nintendogs DS :tup:

-Kameo XBOX 360 :tmeh:

-Project Gotham Racing 3 XBOX 360 :tup::tmeh:

-Civilization 4 PC :tup: :tup:

-World of Warcraft PC :tmeh::tup:

-Dr. Mario NES :tup: :tup:

-Street Fighter Alpha 3 PSone :tup::tmeh:

-SoulCalibur 2 :tup: