Marek

Who are you and what have you become?

Hey forum, long time no see! You're looking absolutely FABULOUS today. Did you lose weight? Is that a new color accent in your hair? Just WOW!

So what have you been doing during the forum downtime? I've been drinking heavily. I've also tried learning a little bit of Japanese for no reasons other than that I found a fun podcast about it and that it seemed appropriate for a game geek. Arigato?

Currently playing:

:tmeh: World of Warcraft

Currently watching:

:tup: The West Wing season 1

:tup: Arrested Development season 3

:tup: Battlestar Galactica season 2

:tmeh: Sportsnight season 1

Well, I'm still pretty much the same. I've picked up Guild Wars recently and it's pretty nice for now. I don't think it comes quite near World of Warcraft, but it differentiates itself well by offering more of a singleplayer instance-world with NPC henchmen you can hire. And of course, since it's free I can play far more relaxedly whilst at the same time don't expect too much of it.

And currently I'm making more comics than ever. And I'm working on my kick-ass adventure game script. So, things are going well for me!

Studying, playing trendy poker with friends, telepathically wooing Rodi's girlfriend, getting hooked on Daily show & Colbert Report.

Battlestar Galactica is AWESOME, although the second half of Season 2 hasn't been so hot apart from the first episode.

They are remodeling my house and nearly all of my console games are in boxes and I won't be able to play them for months....

I'm sleeping on the sofa too, becuase I have no bed until they finish...

I got a Sega Saturn very recently...

Busy. Three years' worth of Finnish, Swedish, English, math, physics and chemistry to study. I think I'm losing my eyesight and joy of life. Otherwise everything is pretty fine.

Currently Playing:

Black and White 2 :tup:

F.E.A.R. :tup:

Kirby Canvas Curse (stuck :frusty:)

Geometry Wars (fun, but so god damn hard)

Currently Watching:

The Arrested Development DVDs over and over :tup::tup:

The IT Crowd :tup:

Currently eating:

The biggest strawberry Pocky stick I've ever seen. Seriously, it's like a drum stick, only delicious.

I've been arguing with Swedes, Finns, and other assertive nationalities on computer-based wargaming forums about why their country shouldn't be represented in x instead of their vile neighbouring rival nations (where x is your historical computer wargame of choice).

Other than playing xs, that's about it.

Oh some work-like thing too.

I watched all episodes of Arrested Development gearing up to the glorious finale (I already miss that show so much... sigh...). Tons of Colbert Report. Etc.

Visting tons of drawing blogs, (John K. of Ren & Stimpy fame started one, cool!).

I've became a even bigger fan of Tom Waits, Tim Buckley, Billie Holiday, Bert Jansch, Skip James, Django Reinhardt, Incredible String Band, and Fred Neil.

I've rediscovered the greatness of Bob Dylan and Stanley Kubrick.

I've bought a shiny white headband!

I'm contemplating on learning how to play the viola.

I think I'm slightly taller

And I've bought shoes that do not squeak... as much.

...I think that's it.

I've been arguing with Swedes, Finns, and other assertive nationalities on computer-based wargaming forums about why their country shouldn't be represented in x instead of their vile neighbouring rival nations (where x is your historical computer wargame of choice).

Other than playing xs, that's about it.

Oh some work-like thing too.

Axis & Allies is pretty offensive! Flag burning! War!

I have been in Iraq for the last couple months as a foreign correspondent. Saddled with an ancient laptop, I've been playing old Apple II+ games from my childhood on an emulator when I have free time. Thankfully I can check the Thumb and Bittorrent the latest episodes of BSG, even though it takes me an entire day. The war can be put on hold for Starbuck and Sharon anyday.

But here is the best news of all: FOUR DAYS TILL I GO HOME! :woohoo:

I found myself in a new school.

I've been watching a lot of tv shows like Deadwood and BSG.

Oh yeah, I cut my long hair sometime after the Idle T forums went off the air. (the cutting had nothing do with Idle T forums, I swear)

Also, I'm going to UK soon for a long visit. So yay for the new international me.

I got myspace because everybody has myspace even Peter Molyneux and I'm under peer pressure and just wanted to fit in with my peers. I made myself out to be really beautiful and popular on it, and I was totally flirting with this hot guy who describing himself as being a body builder, but then I found out that 'body-builder' is MySpace code for 'fatty'.

Also I studied. I had a summer holiday and then we had christmas followed by valentines day. I wrote a novel, and did some university interviews and played DS a LOT. And I think I just broke my toe.

Started my first year of University, turned the age of majority in my province, (really, the last few months have just been a drunken write-off) also started to learn Japanese, although my doing so is in a University course, and played a hell of a lot of my DS, as it's pretty much all I can do on the train to work/school. All in all, a good few months, though I've become far busier than I'd ever want to be. I think today is my second or third full day off since September.

Oh, let's see...

I got a job, went out with some girl, hung out with my family, played in the snow, got sick, made a kick-ass costume, read all six Harry Potter books, took some tests, applied to some universities, drank a bunch of booze...

Wow, I had a life without the Forum, and now you've come back to take it all away?! :(

Also, played some We heart Katamari and World of Warcraft.

I've been drinking heavily.

A bit of this and a lot of studying, besides all the regular games, books, movies and music that I've gone through. So far my quest for a degree in media technology engineering (which I think is what it's called in english) is going pretty well. After going strong for about six months, I now only have four years left.

I've been burning Danish flags because that's what popular kids seem to be doing these days.

I've been burning Danish flags because that's what popular kids seem to be doing these days.

Yay - I'm danish. I've waited for my country to become an evil (and very small and unimportant) empire. So now I'm starting La Résistance. Viva La Résistance - down with the government - wuhuu.... (seriously I would - the problem is that the real evil of Denmark is it that everything is pretend nice, thus obfuscating the real and nasty evil of ignorance in this damn country of mine). :deranged:

That's funny, you made the same mistake Ron Gilbert made a few days ago: it's 'vive' la résistance, not 'viva'. That would be Spanish or something.

Hey, at least you're in good company :)

THANK YOU RODI. That always irks me a bit. I try to hide my pedant nature, but it sneaks through. Oh god does it sneak through.

i'm getting paid for programming games. but most of the time i'm writing stuff, stuff and stuff (dialogue, stories, etc...). during work of course.

and now i'm contemplating about studying in berlin. may be interesting.