DanJW

Welcome (back) to the forums!

Here it is. THE gaming event of 2006. Idle Forums are back.

We've made some small changes to the forum structure, and some slightly less small changes to the way we manage it behind the scenes. These are new and happier forums, where everyone gets along because the moderators have a big stick. But it's a friendly big stick and its name is Cuddles.

Please stay on-topic. There is a chief moderator for each forum and you may find that atmosphere and etiquette change slightly between them. But these are fluid and dynamic times! Rules may change, sub-forums may sprout up as and when needed. Stuff Will Happen.

Here's a quick breakdown:

Games and Gaming

The mother-forum. Do I have to explain this? Here will go everything from current releases to ludology. Please be polite here, respect other peoples' views and so forth. Bickering will be frowned upon.

Site Feedback

This forum is about Thumbs itself. Tell us what you want to see, comment on articles, nominate new moderators. In addition we will be offering extra content here, things you might not see on the front page. There will be competitions and calls for content submission. It will be super special!

Idle Banter

A more relaxed attitude here, shoot the shit and whatever. Just make sure your discussion wouldn't fit better in the other forums.

Why did it go away in the first place?

Excellent question.

Thank you for bringing them back though, it's always great to be able to have an intelligent discussion with proper spelling.

This deserves a royal:

:miyamoto: :miyamoto: :miyamoto: :miyamoto: :miyamoto: :miyamoto: :miyamoto: :miyamoto: :miyamoto: :miyamoto: :miyamoto: :miyamoto:

A while ago I informally decided on this forum to be the only one I'd visit on a daily basis; when they went down, I came dangerously close to having a life. Thanks Jebus they're back. :grin:

While the forums were off I had so much free time that I listened to more music than ever before, played more games, watched more movies, read more books, and started exercising to the sound of The Final Countdown with my fashionable white headband for that oh so '80s feel (the jogs around the mean streets were especially sweet). And I even met a cute girl.

I guess that's over for me now that the Idle Forums are back... oh well.

Anyway, I have a delima. I named the Miyamoto smiley :miyamoto: as the awesome-est smiley of all, but then this guy came: :colbert: and now I'm filled with confusion and have a salty bland taste in my mouth.

Miyamoto's creativity against Colbert's truthiness................................ ah screw it, Mr. T wins it because we have a history. :mrt:

aw great!

I was just about to discard my newlyfound creative talents in fingerpainting for a return to hardcorevideogamoring... and now the forums are back :grin: