Sign in to follow this  
SoccerDude28

Age of Empires 3 demo

Did you guys try it? That game looks gorgeous, and on my 6800 GT card, it ran like a dream. I'm really surprised how well it ran, seeing that so many uglier games have had slow downs. Oh and it's fun too :) Check it out.

I like the demo a lot. I had to keep some settings down to run it on my computer with a Radeon 9600 Pro, but it still doesn't look bad at all.

I haven't played an RTS in a while and have been looking to pick one up soon, so this might be it. I've probably whittled it down to either this or the Age Of Mythology Gold double pack, which looks fun and a little different.

And Snubs, ditto. I can't even crack skirmish mode on Easy yet! I'm terrible at this. But it's still fun, until the English come and burn down my mills and kill all the berry-gatherers. If I can beat the demo and don't just inherently suck, I will probably get this game.

I ran the demo with the same card (9600Pro) and had to turn down some stuff as well. The graphics are pretty impressive, I especially like when the buildings get blown to bits due to Artillery.

I agree that it is kind of difficult, they don't do much to teach the player how the interface works. I had some experience with Age of Mythology (which I enjoyed) that helped out. I eventually passed the story missions, I found the second scenario to be a walk in the park compared to the first mission.

One complaint I did have was the size of the interface, I couldn't beleive how much of the screen it took up when I started playing. I got used to it, but wow it's like over 2/3rds of the screen.

Now I have a decision to make Black & White 2, or Age of Empires III...enee meanie miny moe...

I started a game, and was instantly tired of it. I'm just not in much of an RTS mood, I guess. Anyway, I went away to watch two Daily Show episodes, completely forgot to end the game, and when I came back, everyone was dead, and the two "heroes" were collapsed on the ground, with little speech bubbles that said "Every moment I live...is agony." I was thoroughly amused.

Awesome. I can't even install it because my motherboard it "old".

Yet Half-Life 2 runs beautifully on my machine. Imagine that. :tdown: