Sign in to follow this  
AndyB

Bored of gaming?

A long time player of video-games, I'm starting to wonder -what-is-the-point- of it all.

What do you get out of games? Do you feel that it is just pointless "jumping through hoops"?

Convince me that there are still good games worth playing (and not just SNES games).

:deranged:

What is this, like the fifth "video games are doomed!" thread?

Why play video games if you don't see the point? Go make friends, or something. When I don't feel like being entertained by interactive entertainment, I just go out and have a drink with my friends. Or draw or something.

However, I do get the need to just play something. And then I usually go and play something that I enjoy playing. And that, to me, is good enough of a point to play something. Enjoyment.

" Alternative games?

Games you ignore (licenses, kid's games).

Game Boy Micro? Why?

Why games feel irrelevant?"

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

If you're so convinced that games suck just stop playing. Jeez.

A long time player of video-games, I'm starting to wonder -what-is-the-point- of it all.

What do you get out of games? Do you feel that it is just pointless "jumping through hoops"?

Convince me that there are still good games worth playing (and not just SNES games).

:deranged:

Replay Grim Fandango.

Hell, play Katamari Damacy. The sequal comes soon. That'll be awesome.

We can't convince you though. The only way for you to see that games are worth playing is to play the good ones. This isn't Reading Rainbow on PBS, and I don't know about the others, but I'm not in the buisness of helping to cure the disillusionment of others.

Ah yes, sorry guys just feeling like a very grumpy gamer at the moment. :hmph::hmph::hmph::) I'll probably order Katamari via amazon when I next get paid.

Feel free to close this thread if it gets too flamey.

" Alternative games?

Games you ignore (licenses, kid's games).

Game Boy Micro? Why?

Why games feel irrelevant?"

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

If you're so convinced that games suck just stop playing. Jeez.

No shit.

Examples:

Half-Life 2: signing away our future rights and ushering in a new era of EULs. Steam is awful. Great game, but very shortlived, too linear, gravity gun underused. Too short and haven't heard of any good mods yet.

Doom 3: good to start with, very dull and boring afterwards, stopped at the monster with the flying lights. (To be fair I knew I shouldn't have bought it before I did). Last time I looked there were very few single-player levels / mods.

Yoshi's Island (gba): OK but not as good or as fun as Super Mario World. Everything from the music to the colours aren't as enjoyable.