Marek

The positive thread

Back to Indigo Prophesy, what do you think are the odds of us Canucks getting the uncensored version? We typically get ripped off by the US policies, but not always, so I have no idea whether or not I'll need to import.

Back to Indigo Prophesy, what do you think are the odds of us Canucks getting the uncensored version? We typically get ripped off by the US policies, but not always, so I have no idea whether or not I'll need to import.

Hope you can. That's why I was against banning Hot Coffee, not because I didn't think it was wrong to leave the code in, but because it'd cause a chain reaction that ultimately affects other games that will come out.

I've been playing Rome Total War again, mostly because of the pretty impressive mod scene that exists for it. It appears that some folks out there are terrible quibblers about historical military matters, just like me, and they have created some very interesting mods that improve the historical accuracy of the fighting forces in the game. It pleases the pedant in me, and it also means that I have to reappraise all my tried-and-true force-mixes and tactics. I also hear that an official expansion is coming out soon too, so it looks like there is plenty of hours of gameplay left in the game. :woohoo:

Nothing current has me blissed, but tonight I revisited some warm, fuzzy memories of Colony Wars 1 and 2 on my PS1.

There's a mod for UT2004 called Hollow Moon that you guys may want to check out. It's gameplay is kinda standard, but the atmosphere is amazing. First off, the entire game plays in black and white, lending it the feel of a 1950s era Sci-Fi. Also, you see the world through a visor, like metroid prime except without displays. It's just a visor, but it adds to the experience. Also, there are no sound effects, only atmospheric music, as the game takes place in space and you wouldn't be able to hear them anyway.

Again, quite generic gameplay, but damn if the whole experience isn't cool.

Love those posters.

It was weird I woke up this morning with this strange desire to play Fallout 2 then I logged on to this Forum... coincidence?

Played SpeedBall 2 last night and beat Revolver 606 - 2. That made me very happy. Also found myself getting sick pleasure on Hunter the Reckoning: The redeemer.

The four player co-op is it's biggest strength and weakness.