Karimi

Karimi's Guide to Joining Idle Forums

Also worth adding that we are easily enamoured with good syntax, diction and grammar in general. Bad grammar makes us judge you with extreme prejudice and say things like, "Oh, GAWD!:( :( :(".

And yet no one has corrected the "8 slot bag [sic]" error.

I think my main accomplishment here is that I haven't been horribly insulted, presumably because I'm too insignificant a newb to be worth the time.

One thing you forgot, other than not to suck, is that the bandwagon of signatures that say "Currently Playing: XXX :tup:" must be jumped on if you want to fit in at all.

You fail, sir. But goot post. +1 for you.

Kingz thought I was from AdventureGamers because I'm such a dick. I still don't know if that's a good thing.

it's the vernacular of WoW, that's how they express it ingame:

BEHOLD

Desperately late, still'd like to call upon the excellence of the guide.

BG&E was better though.

One thing you forgot, other than not to suck, is that the bandwagon of signatures that say "Currently Playing: XXX :tup:" must be jumped on if you want to fit in at all.

Damn , I did forget that. Oh well , I guess I can save it for the revised/more expensive version coming once sales for this guide go down.

Kingz thought I was from AdventureGamers because I'm such a dick. I still don't know if that's a good thing.
No, not AdventureGamers, no one is a dick at adventure gamers. AdventureGamers is the land of unnecessary IMHO qualifiers and biggrin.gifs. I thought you were from either AGsland or Mojoland because you fit in with the crowd rather quickly. I thought you, like Huz were someone we knew under a different name.

Ahhh... Mojo. Happier times. Of course, I was 13 when I joined Mojo, so I was kind of a dick and tended to lurk more, but it was still a good forum. I haven't been to that site in forever. I think I have to go check in real quick now.

:tup: Best Idle Thumbs article I've read since the hilarious E3 coverage.

Maybe this should be on the main page, with a logo like "IdleThumbs: We hate you." :shifty:

hmmmm...to kingz, chris, and all the other wannabe-vips (did i say wannabe??? whoops...sorry...i didn't mean it! don't be mean to good old ryam, okay? ;( ) -- i truly love you.

What error? It's an 8 slot bag.

What error? It's an 8 slot bag.

The two words "8 slot" make a compound adjective, and should therefore be hyphenated: "8-slot bag."

"8 slot bag" needs either a hyphen ("8-slot bag)" or to be pluralized ("8 slot bags"). (I don't know what a slot bag is.) Four-legged animals, 70-odd people, third-world conflict, 40-year-old virgin (the film's marketers, oddly enough, changed the film's punctuation from correct to incorrect shortly before its release.)

Of course, WoW indeed calls it an "8 slot bag," so the Thumbs design is correct in that it quotes the game's terminology. As an editor, however, I would tag the phrase with "(sic)" when quoting it.

I'm sure this was a really fun read.

Of course, WoW indeed calls it an "8 slot bag," so the Thumbs design is correct in that it quotes the game's terminology. As an editor, however, I would tag the phrase with "(sic)" when quoting it.

That's the justification. I think a (sic) on the bag itself would pretty much obliterate the joke/reference though. In any case, this is one to take up with those hyphenophobes at blizzard.