General Fuzzy McBitty

Rockstar Presents the Warriors

It seems like the first Rockstar game that could really bomb (State of Emergency doesn't count does it? It was made by a different developer). The Warriors really isn't that big of a movie, I doubt that most people that are into Rockstar's games (teens or people in their 20s) have never seen The Warriors.

I plan on renting it though because I'm into weird cult movies from the 70s and 80s (buckaroo banzai, escape from new york)

Oh man, I loved The Warriors. I'm wary of extrapolating from my own friends because I think I know geekier than average people, but there might be more twenty-something fans than people think. It's got pretty good cult status. It's also got a lot of Video game potential. Anybody that hasn't seen it, should check it out.

Besides Grand Theft Auto what was a good rockstar game?

Wild Metal Country. To be honest, I'm not sure there's much of a "game" there, but I just loved driving around in a crazy future tank blowing stuff up. And it's free now: http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/wmc.html

Rockstar Toronto is doing the Warriors, they did the PS2 ports of Oni and Max Payne. The console and PC versions of both of those should count as "good games" for Rockstar, right?

There are two "Rockstar canandas," Rockstar Toronto and Rockstar Vancouver. Apparently Toronto is doing The Warriors, while Bully is coming from Vancouver.

Besides Grand Theft Auto what was a good rockstar game?

The only Rockstar game I owned prior to GTA3 was Eathworm Jim 3D for the N64. Not exactly a classic now, is it?

I actually liked Red Dead Revolver more than I expected to. I ended up sitting around Spaff and Bob's place, started playing and completed it the same day. It's quite satisfying when you completely rape your opponent in the showdowns (or watever they're called), and getting all those headshots is great fun too.

Was red dead revolver gta in the west? I've always wanted to play gta in the west.

I think you are looking for Gun.

I liked Red Dead Revolver as well. It was short and there wasn't much replayability, but I loved how it felt like a Sergio Leone western.

Was red dead revolver gta in the west? I've always wanted to play gta in the west.

No it was definitely no GTA, much more streamlined, and you went around shooting people to avenge the death of your father or some cliche them like that.

As someone has said here, GUN looks exactly like what you are yearning for.

The only Rockstar game I owned prior to GTA3 was Eathworm Jim 3D for the N64. Not exactly a classic now, is it?

Earthworm Jim 3D was from rockstar? Wow I had no idea. They don't even mention it on their website. Maybe it is too tame it would tarnish their reputation.

By the way, there is definitely Max Payne and Max Payne 2 which are 2 very good games, but they were developed by Remedy so I am not sure if they count.

Rockstar didn't have much to do with Payne games. They didn't develop it, they didn't produce it, they just published it.

Well, I'm not sure exactly how involved Rockstar was with Earthworm Jim 3D, but if I dig up my cart (not hard, I just need to call up my sister. She's got all my N64 stuff organized quite well in her room) I'm absolutely certain that Rockstar's logo shows up in the intro bits. It was actually the first time I'd heard of the company, being 11 and all, so that sticks in my mind.

I saw the movie ages ago, and loved it! I still watch it every time I catch it on TV. I'll probably rent this when it comes out (because I'm not that into fighters), but if it's good, I'll go get my own copy.

Come on, who can't like this movie? "Caaaaaaaaaannnnn yyyyyoooooooouuuuuu dig iiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt?" I keep waiting for someone to remake it, since they seem to be on a streak with every other movie/tv show from that era.

I saw the movie ages ago, and loved it! I keep waiting for someone to remake it

If the orginal is such a great movie why would you crave for a remake ? :fart:

I love it! I keep waiting for someone to remake it

I heard Tony Scott was going to do a remake.

Tony Scott's the dude who made Man on Fire :mock: and Top Gun :fart: .

He's also the younger brother of Ridley Scott (The dude who made Blade runner :erm: and Gladiator :grin: )

I think you are looking for Gun.

Wait Wait Wait, the game is called Gun? Dude. I can totally imagine this conversation now:

1: What are you going to go play.

2: Gun.

1: Dude, isn't that that game where you shot things!

2: Yea.

1: Awesome!

I'm into cult 70s, 80s films and I was planning to rent the warriors when I heard about Rockstar making the games. Anyway the movie is on my netflix list now.