Sign in to follow this  
Jaero

This Spartan Life

http://www.thisspartanlife.com/

I've heard this compared to Red vs. Blue, though I think the similarities stop at "Halo 2" and "machinima". It's a talk show that's I find rather intelligent and funny - and the site has some very nice 8-bit tunes. I'm curious what the rest of you think of it?

Also, I happen to think that if IdleThumbs were to do some machinima, it would fucking rule. :oldman:

I've watched the first few modules. Does the interviewer ever start asking intelligent questions? I mean it was sort of good but all he really ever said was "Hey can you make this jump?" and "Hey, people are still shooting at us". It's a clever concept but I wanted to see him actually interact with his guest. I understand that you're in a video game, you don't need to point it out to me. It makes the whole thing less funny to me that he focuses on it so much.

I've watched the first few modules. Does the interviewer ever start asking intelligent questions? I mean it was sort of good but all he really ever said was "Hey can you make this jump?" and "Hey, people are still shooting at us". It's a clever concept but I wanted to see him actually interact with his guest. I understand that you're in a video game, you don't need to point it out to me. It makes the whole thing less funny to me that he focuses on it so much.

Never really noticed that. He was more role-playing than being a 'talk-show-host'. But at the same time, there are so few talk shows where the guests all say very thought-provoking, intelligent things. I do think though that if they were only running around talking, and not doing much in the game world, that it would start to beg the question "Why the hell are they even doing this as machinima?".

I just wanted him to acknowledge that the guest was even saying stuff. He'd occasionally say "So you're saying that..." but it was never actually what the guest was saying and they were dumb observations. True, most talk show hosts aren't particularly insightful, but then most talk show guests are just there to push a new movie or something. The guy on this one clearly had interesting things to say. It felt more like an "interview" than a "talk show".

Did you stop after the Bob Stein interview, or did you watch the second interview also? The second may be a bit better - but the subject is more about the game space they're in, so it's not necessarily that the host isn't doing the same thing, but that it does directly relate to the conversation.