Sign in to follow this  
McChicken

Warsow, a free multiplayer FPS

I don't know if you've heard the news, but this week, Warsow v0.06a was released. The game is a free multiplayer FPS based on the Quake 2 engine with nice cel-shaded graphism. Like Quake 3, it's really fast but it's easier to do tricks thanks to the "dash" move. You can jump against walls and bounce like a sheep through all the map. It's pretty funny to see everyone jumping around. Unfortunatly, there are not much servers by now (I never saw more than two at the same time), but it's still worth trying.

Warsow website

Download (~25 Mo)

Just tried it out on my own to see if I liked the jumping, which I found that I really did. Feels like a smooth blend between UT2004 and the CPMA-physics. The weapons are basically Quake 3 all over again and that's a bit sad to see. If they'd just thought up something unique I might feel more for the game. If I wanted to play Quake 3 with a minimal community, I'd.. uhh.. go play in the Quake 3 community I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. Maybe someone should start a Thumb-server or something...

I tried it and it just makes me want to play any one of the quake games, because all of them are better. I did like that jumpy thing though and it does make for some good moments but... I dunno, it's not great.