Salka

Memo

19-08-05

Yesterday, I killed and ate Spaff. Even as I write, I am picking my teeth with his delicate little bones. He was delicious. I do not usually feast on human flesh. Perhaps this has something to do with the disappearing staff members, and the vial of liquid I broke in the lab the other day?

By the way, the passcode to the top secret underground console room has been changed to 1129. However, you can only access this after you find the Spafford Family Emblem in the eye of the Lion Statue in the lounge. Use this with the portrait of Great Great Grandfather Watson in the hallway on the second floor of the east wing, and you will get the Red Keycard. You will need to use this in order to access the keycode panel in the door. The door is behind the bookcase in the library.

I grow increasingly hungry for flesh. MMMMmmmmm...

PS could staff please stop coming in through the secret underground passage underneath the carpark? We know it is cool, but there are hell beasts and zombie dogs under there and we can't afford the medical bills. If you are caught taking this route to work again, you will be cooked and eaten.

To the remaining members of the medical team,

I regret to inform you that we have been forced to detain Rusalka in the holding cells with the others until such time as we can determine the cause of infection. It seems to be spreading through the facility at an alarming rate, despite our best efforts at quarantine. She's making odd claims about having eaten Spaff, though we know full well that he's just a bit late coming back from his vacation.

She claims the vial that was broken in test lab 2 was unmarked, and contained a viscous black liquid. We have been unable to determine the vial's reference number from the dispensary logs, but from the description it sounds like one of the specimens taken from the zombie dog we caught sniffing around the bike cage in the underground car park last week. A quick stock check yesterday still shows all vials present in Dispensary A though, so someone must have made a mistake somewhere. If this was an unlogged specimin vial, it should already have been treated, but it's got us worried. The consequences of an untreated specimin being exposed to the air outside of the quarantine chamber is too horrific to imagine. Still, there's no-one in this facility who would deliberately sabotage the health and safety of everyone here. I expect this was just someone's practical joke going off prematurely, and everything will be fine once this delirium wears off.

Oh, that reminds me, just in case we do have any more jokers amongst us, I've upgraded the security access on dispensary A to a dual-key mechanism that requires the simultaneous use of the blue and green keycards on the panels either side of the door. The blue keycard I've left with quartermaster Johnson over in the security lab in Epsilon sector. We really should make a 2nd, emergency copy of some of these cards... I'll go and copy my green keycard right away up in the replication lab of level 13B. I'll take the stairs this time and get some excersize, then go see someone about this damn rash I've picked up from god knows where.

So... itchy.

They locked me in a cell. I have realised the cause of my infection, yet they will not listen to me. What have I done? What will become of us? Nothing can stop this terrible plague from spreading across the world. My thirst for blood is overpowering... repulsed as I am by myself, I must ease the burning by ripping at the flesh of others.

I overheard two gaurds talking outside my cell earlier. Apparently the passcode to the computer in Test Lab 4 is '7769'. This computer holds vital information as to the chemical makeup of the virus, and information on how to contain the spreading. The only way to Test Lab 4 is via the underground labyrinth, which can be accessed via the elevator in the kitchen.

God help us all.

- Yufster

There is a terrible smell of burning electrics coming from the elevator shaft in the kitchen. I wonder if perhaps the electronics need repairing before it is used again? If that was to be the case, there is a toolkit under the cupboard in the pantry. The password to the electronic lock on the cupboard is '0091'. Also, there is fresh bread in there.

- Yuf

I was successful in spreading confusion among the police as planned. I've made sure that no one from the outside will come to help.

With the delays in police actions, no one will have the chance to escape this facility alive. I've seen to it personally that all escape routes from inside the complex have been cut off as well. The underground passages are now flooded. * Still can't find that damn Yufster though. She is sexy. I'd like to...well anyway.*

There are several survivors still attempting to escape through the lower

levels, but I'll make sure no one gets out.

-------------------

-------------------

I've had a change of heart about the remaining survivors inside the complex.

I've decided to hunt them down myself. The vial Yufster spoke of turned out to be quite accurate. *Maybe I won't wait 'till my soars heal* hehe.

I shot Ed in the back through the heart less than an hour ago. I watched him

writhe in pain upon the floor in a pool of his own blood. The expression

on his face was positively exquisite. He died with his eyes wide open,

staring up at me. I think he died. I was distracted by the busty blonde. She hurts me but it reminds me I am alive. *I should return to be certain he is dead. Can't leave details untied.*

It was beautiful.

I wonder if the mayor's daughter is still alive? I let her escape so I could

enjoy hunting her down later...

I'm going to enjoy my new trophy. Yes, frozen forever in the pose I choose to

give her.

Can't believe it was so easy to doctor the vial logs. Stupid f***s.

*Can't wait to see Yufsters body...ummmm quiver when she tastes the bread. Should be an interesting exxxperiment. Shame I shot Ed. He would have enjoyed watching too. I think.

Did I really leave the sweet comfort of my research routine at the M.I.T. for this job ?

It's not that it isn't interesting - opening the gates of Hell is making my day - it's just that I don't blend with the rest of the team : these guys are always talking about the same things - incident in block D, the death of that old comrade - like I wasn't there and if I try to sneak into the conversation, they give me that blank stare, you know, they look at me like a cow looks at an upcoming train - and... and... I couldn't bear it anymore.

So, two days ago, I decided to post a memo - which they seem to enjoy writing in their spare time and even during the hours of work - about the sliding doors being dangerous and the little trick you have to know in order not to get stuck. I mean, not everybody know that you have to walk slowly until the door begins to open and then run to the other side...

Well, the memo wasn't a complete success... most of them begin to enjoy their conversation while being stuck and giving the blank look....only this guy, Hector - or Heucumène - Lecter from the Mind Sanity Center, came to see me after that.

He's a bit uptight but smarter than the other and he gave me that nickname - "Mardi Gras"... that came from ... something like he was going to have me for dinner at this precise day... yeah, the guys here have a weird sense of humor.

Like, yesterday morning, one pushed me down the elevator shaft. I wasn't really upset... you know, I wasn't armed and that coulda been a accident; but now, I'm worried about the dozen corpses I landed on.

Jeez, I'm going to have to tell the boss about this; but I'm feeling like I'm always interrupting his "All-you-can-eat" barbecue feast.

-James Lamargue

Why didn't I listen to the Sarge? The whole police net was fried but I came to check out this mansion anyway, because some neighbour from over the hill said she could hear dogs barking, and I like dogs. Now I'm stuck in some kind of laboratory without a working radio. I should have headed back out as soon as I could. I'm going to have to sit here and wait. I'm glad I brought my diary with me though.

It's two hours later. Can't believe that Murphy and Jonesy haven't found me yet. They said they were going to pick up some donuts then meet me here. Those bastards. I hope the dogs get them too. I don't like dogs any more, not after the ones I just got bitten by. I like... food. God I'm hungry. A nice rare steak, that'd do the trick.

Diffclt to rite now. hans shakin. Too hungr. Stashd my standrd issue grnades in the toilt cystern. the code to open it is 752823. I forget why I did that. Still have my pistol though. Good. need pistol. Need food. Fod. Flesh. Mmmm.

I thin I hear murphy coming. I hop he bring food.

I cursed my luck again as I slid down the monkey's throat. Have my dreams of guzzling grog and plundering galleons been reduced to this. "Three small trials and you're a pirate like us." Fair enough. If only I could stomach the foul brew these scurvy seadogs swilled, the rest would be easy. How could I have known I'd meet a powerful and beautiful woman with a jealous suitor too stupid to realize he'd been dead for years? And how can I crawl through this great stone monkey to find a man who walks three inches above the ground and sets fire to his beard every morning?

"What the hell is 'wuxtry'?"

I awoke after a weird psychodelic dream I had ended with - "What the hell is 'wuxtry'?" Sweat came crawling from my right eyebrow, I was shocked and confused, petrified even. My father warned me that such villainy exists in our family's dreams, I was foolish to think it would skip my generation - I was wrong.

I went to a quaint diner where I scheduled a rendezvous with my friends Paul McCartney and John Cale (named coincidently like the musicians). I saw no sighting of them. Perhaps I was early, perhaps I was late, perhaps they were eaten by brain sucken flesh eating zombies just around breakfast time. Everything was possible.

I waited for them to show. Two friend of mine - Micheal Palin and Luke Wilson (who strangly share the same name with the actors) showed up at the diner. They mummbled something about ravenous monsters arriving at town, I wasn't really listening because of my ADD, there was a dog in the area and I couldn't focus. They ran off to yonder hill. At the sound of eleven I left the diner.

I walked the mean streets looking for answers. 'Wuxtry', what does it mean? My mind faded off, I fell down a sewer hole into a sumptuous mansion. Logic seemed to have left the world today. I searched the dark corridors of the mansion, pictures of what seemed to be the owners and their pets hang on the dirty walls. I felt fright, itchy, and hungry. I spoted a brown door. I opened the brown door. There was nothing behind the brown door.

I walked back into the corridor. I spoted yet another brown door. My heart paced, teeth quivered, 'wuxtry'. As I opened the door a beautiful garden manifested. I searched for answers. I found a small laptop behind the green bushes. It required a password, I tried 'bears', wrong. I tried 'planes', wrong again. I couldn't think of anything besides 'wuxtry', the sign that hanged above the door that said "wuxtry" didn't help either. I typed 'wuxtry' out of desperation, it was the correct password.

A blinding nimbus suddenly appeared. As it disappeared, a gun layed on the floor, finally a chance to show how much of a big man I am. I passed through yet another brown door. Zombies came rushing out of the freashly opened room, so I capped an ass or two then ran.

Another brown door appeared, another brown door I opened. I arrived at a lab, then spoted a green door, "how diversed" I thought. A man wearing glasses stood 170 centimeters tall. He looked at me and said "wuxtry", so I shoot him. A good head shoot it was. I took and searched his wallet, it appears that he conducted an experiment to make people into zombies for no apparent reason, it also had a keycard to the elevator that I kepted along with his money.

I went to the elevator, pressed the button leading me to the top-most floor. Surprisingly it was the roof which was also a heliport. I then heard a women's voice, I followed it only to find two zombies eating a rather attractive women. Them seemed like good eaten. I quickly drew my gun and shoot both zombies in the head, when that didn't work I slashed them with my pocket knife for about a half-hour. The woman was dead, so I took her wallet, took the key the nuclear bomb equiped helicopter and went to the only now spotted helicopter.

I went inside it, turned it on, and nuked the joint. I later realised my mistake for I have yet to understand the thing that haunt me: 'wuxtry'.

Why didn't I think of my actions? Why didn't I buy a DS yet? And what the hell is 'wuxtry' anyway?!?

I also hit a tall building with the helicopter killing twenty-three people. But it wasn't my fault, the building didn't move.

Getting harder and harder to focus now. The bite I sustained coming down the stairs into that cellar has begun to spread. I didn't realize that I bite could spread until I felt it happening. Why did I feel compelled to enter that dark pit? There was a lit, heated walkway to my right, but my years upon years of experience told me that said walkway would obviously be locked. Besides, all the best power ups are put in really dangerous places. This in mind, I descended. That was when the corpse lurched out from nowhere and took a larg part of my arm for later consumption. He mumbled something about a mini-fridge as he carted my forearm away from my body. I decided that it wouldn't be worth the trouble to follow him and that I'd go on with just the one arm. What a fool I was.

Shit's getting all blurry now. Difficult to differentiate between shadows and life. Is that a kitty cat? A flesh ripping zombie? Merely a trick of the light? My mind races with each hint of movement as my heart thumps heavily in my chest. If anyone should find this chunk of tree bark with my message etched in blood, they would probably be delighted to know that I swallowed the red key and emptied the cabinet in the washroom. (the code is 3 by the way. I hate remembering long strings of numbers) I then took the contents of the cabinet and dumped them down the well. If searching my corpse for the key is not enough of a deterrant, allow me to say to all you would be adventurers, TURN BACK! This is not a place where your magic spells and cloaks will work. They only have any affect in your basement with your 10 sided die. This is the real world, there are no aimbots to help you. Run now while you can, this shit is actually happening...

According to Slavic folklore, a Rusalka is a water spirit or water nymph. They are the souls of young women or girls who died an unnatural or violent death. If the girl was murdered in or close to a lake, she would became a Rusalka and inhabit that particular lake. Rusalkas appear as beautiful young women who try to lure men into the water, where they will drown them. Rusalki can also be found on nights when there is a new moon; dancing on meadows or open places in the woods. With their shrill laughter they are capable of killing humans. A Rusalka's fate can be undone by avenging her death.

Whenever people would bathe in the lake they put fern in their hair so that Rusalka would not pull them under and drown them.

To the remaining members of the medical team,

Things have begun to really deteriorate lately. The last of the military team tried to blow their way out of the complex and actually killed themselves. Talk about T.V’s Greatest Bloopers.

I’ve spent most of my time monitoring the remaining staff on the security screens. They talk about all manner of nonsense. Dorothy Perkins is still alive. I really must kill her in the worst possible way when I get her. All she does is complain and cry. She’s like Angellina Ballerina. Bloody rat-faced woman. Karl Gayway constantly tries to reassure the female members that he will take care of their needs, but the only person I see being ‘taken care of’ is Russell Rearcap in Human Relations Dept.

Stephanie is looking a little tired lately. But she is still gorgeous. I masturbated vigorously this morning and noticed it was a bit green. Smells very pungent too. But it looks like I’m not the only thing going off. All the food is becoming rancid fast. Even the stuff in fridges that have a sell by date for next year. I suspect the contamination has taken hold of all in the facility. Guess it’s about to get interesting.

Turns out Ed is not dead. I was always a lousy shot in my defence. Still, got to hand it to him. That was a big hole he was sporting in his back. I wonder if he is aware of the black creatures feeding on his shoulder tissue. Huhu.

The security access on dispensary A has gone out the window. I witnessed a huge creature smash through it as though it was paper. Quartermaster Johnson over in the security lab in Epsilon sector will have her work cut out securing that.

>>>>>>>

My penis fell off this morning. Guess it’s backdoor jollies for now. Stephanie is the only decent thing in this hellhole.

I think I ate too many beans , either that or its the human flesh. Damn gas, it stinks. Reminds me of my uncle's slaughterhouse. I wish I was there right now, all that meat...

I just made my first kill. A young intern. His badge said Whitey. I think I really hurt him with the cucumber (it wasn't edible, in my defense). He cried a fair bit. I found a ceramic 24 inch tile cutter and pressed it around his lower abdomen. It made the most deep crunch as his spinal shaft collapsed under the pressure. His vitals spilled out and I stood back to see how things would play out. His body lay on the cold concrete floor which, itself, has begun moving. Contamination is rife throughout the facility. THe janitor is going to have a shit when he sees this lot.

Whitey for his part gave me a jolly good performance. Truth be told he remained pretty quiet for a bit. Lasted a fair while too, credit to him. Then he got anoying and started moaning loudly. I guess you do when your kidney tears off. His fault, mind. He caught his hand on it when he tried to get up. Tried to get up. What a star, huh? Well, as I said, he got loud then and I don't even like my women to yell, not even Yufster. Stephanie would never raise her voice. She has class. I hit him on the head till he died. Got to tell you, ten minutes seemed like an hour. Tedious stuff really.

Cant say for sure but I could have sworn I saw Ed watching.

Curiosity got the better of me and I think I have really hurt my rectum. I can't pass a stool. Can pass lots of blood though - still, learn a thing or two. I wonder if zombies poo?

Flying in on the location now. Looking at the memos it appears that everything is proceeding as planned. I am still astounded by the accuracy of the plan. Gotta hand it to the old man, he knows his stuff. Project Genesis indeed. Only four more days untill termination and then the real project can start. At this point I fail to see why we need to continue but I suspect the goal is to push it as far as possible. Specimen Clarkson Codename "Yufster" is behaving exactly as anticipated. I wonder if the old man will keep her as a souvenir.

The journals are a nice touch, I have to say. Being able to read what goes through the specimens' heads like that.

Getting closer now. The chopper has gone into whisper-mode. All is quiet except for the wind in the trees. I can see the light now in the distance. Power will be shut off the main city areas in another 14 hours if I am not mistaken. Gotta check the schedule, can't afford to make a mistake now, the future of mankind rests on my shoulders. I knew why I signed up for this. No one else could handle a situation like this. I have to stay sharp. I think I can smell rotten flesh on the wind.

I killed Jokemaster today, but did not eat him. I am still content and full after Spaff. I dragged Jokemaster'd body into the cellar. He will stay fresh there..

I found Whitey down there. He was writing something into his journal. I couldn't see all of it, but I definitely saw the number '67' written down there.

Next I will kill Lailoken.

I woke up in the cellar today. It was pretty nice, I found some old wines there (at least, I think they were wines) and drank those. Then I had a party witha skeleton I found. I named it Bob.

All is quiet. The perimeter appears to be secure. It has gone pretty quiet downtown. Apparently most of the citizens are already under. These woods are creeping me out. I don't feel like myself out here. I seem to have lost my cocky-charme and become just another pawn to the old man. There is that weird guy named Guy who is really irritating me. I ran security checks on him twice but everything seems to be in order. Got his credentials from way up in the Corporation. He keeps giving me those looks that make me feel like I am in an episode of Miami Vice. Standing only a few hundred yards from the walls I feel a presence pushing towards me, intense hatred coming from somewhere. The old man and his games. I will not be ended like this.

The chopper arrived just a few moments ago. One is Guy. He's a corporate asspacker. The other one I'm not so sure of. He seems like he's got more to him than he's ready to show. My anus exploded today. The house mouse I had pleasuring me mutated to the size of a common cat.

I was in the cellar when I overheard these guys talking about my death. It was pretty wierd, but I'm sure they were just joking, so now I'm just roaming around the cellar, yelling 'I'M NOT DEAD YET'. I'm sure soon someone'll hear me.

I have been hearing a constant yelling from the walls of block 1138. It's like a ghost carving through the lower bowels of the complex. It is repeated over and over. 'IM NOT DEAD YET!'

You will be. You will be.

Today I was investigating an odd small hole that seemed to be sucking up the air out of the room. As I approached it, I was somehow sucked through and came out on the other side of that wall.

It was cooooooool.

So now I'm wandering the hallways, wierd thing is, nobody notices me