Sign in to follow this  
Savage Cabbage

XBOX 360 price and bundle pack a go go

Nice pack. GOod accessories supplied. I think it's a good price too. What do you guys think?

For gamers who want the ultimate experience (and the best value) right out of the box, Microsoft will offer the $399.99 U.S./€399.99/£279.99 Xbox 360 console. This premium edition — distinguished by signature metallic detailing on the console itself — comes fully loaded for the ultimate gaming experience, with components and accessories that would cost more than $200 if sold separately:

Xbox 360 console. Sexy styling that packs a punch — three powerful core processors are poised to pump out 720p/1080i output, 16x9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and DVD playback right out of the box.

Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB). 20 GB and detachable, the hard drive allows gamers to store their games, music, downloaded trailers, levels, demos and community-created content from Xbox Live Marketplace.

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Hassle-free high-performance precision wireless gaming features the Xbox Guide Button for quick access to digital movies, music and games libraries as well as a range and battery life of up to 30 feet and 30 hours of life on two AA batteries.

Xbox 360 Faceplate. The removable Faceplate comes in stylish “chill” (white) and can be swapped out with custom Faceplates to reflect gamers’ personalities or decor.

Xbox 360 Headset. This lets gamers strategize with teammates or trash-talk opponents while playing games on Xbox Live.

Xbox 360 Component HD-AV Cable. This connects gamers to the world of Xbox 360 games and graphics through high-definition and standard-definition connections.

Xbox Live Silver membership. With this, gamers can chat with friends online, send and receive voice and text messages, and access new content from Xbox Live Marketplace demos such as trailers and casual games from Xbox Live Arcade.

A bonus Media Remote: Included for a limited time, the integrated control center for the entire digital experience lets consumers play DVDs, movies and music, as well as access their Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PC's controls with a single remote.

I think it's really really lame that they're not including a hard drive, wireless controller, or component video cables with the $299 version.

I think it's really really lame that they're not including a hard drive, wireless controller, or component video cables with the $299 version.

Totally agreed. And charging 99 dollars for a 20 GB hard drive and 50 dollars for a controller is ultra greedy.

Not to mention completely pointless. Why wouldn't someone want a controller for their game console?

Not to mention completely pointless. Why wouldn't some want a controller for their game console?

They do provide a controller, just a wired one. No Hard drive. And no High definition cable. Basically, don't bother with the 299.99 package.

The main thing that sucks about this is that without a HD you won't be able to have any sort of backwards compatability, as was promised (for some games). It also leads to the developers having to cater to the lowest common denominator, in this case the cheap version, and thus removing features that might have utilized the HD.

Man, I was getting all excited for the 360 too :shifty:

It also leads to the developers having to cater to the lowest common denominator, in this case the cheap version, and thus removing features that might have utilized the HD.

I know :frusty: That means your next Bioware game will not have save anywhere, because each save file in KOTOR was like 10 MBytes. More checkpoints in next gen.

It also leads to the developers having to cater to the lowest common denominator, in this case the cheap version, and thus removing features that might have utilized the HD.

That never occurred to me. I have suddenly become very sad.

Hmm... at 280 quid, that was kind of what I was expecting to pay a few months after release.

I don't understand why Microsoft are making different versions, period. Seems like a massive mistake.

Ah well fuck it. I'm going to plunder the back catalogue of Xbox and GC games I haven't played for at least another ten months anyway.

I don't understand why Microsoft are making different versions, period. Seems like a massive mistake.

As many people are pointing out elsewhere, it's basically a publicity stunt. "Look, it's under $300!" Good for the short term, but the effects on the games will probably make it a bad idea in the long term.

It's kinda bull anyway. Microsoft got big on not delivering on their promises, why stop now?

There's a reason I never cared about the XBox this generation, and there's a reason I don't care about the 360 for the upcoming one. This is part of it.

I honestly still have not put any thought into which of the next gen consoles (if any) I'll be getting.

I'm sure I will though, eventually.

I honestly still have not put any thought into which of the next gen consoles (if any) I'll be getting.

I'm sure I will though, eventually.

Exactly, Nick. I will get all as soon as money allows. People who bitch about consoles features (they honestly don't really understand in regards to development) make me laugh. The damn things aren't even out yet but people all over the web are slagging them off.

I'd like to complain about the small HD drive size but the rest of the package makes up for it. And heck, it's DETACHABLE. You could always use a larger HD. Twenty gig should be enough. Has anyone even filled up their current drive?

The main thing that sucks about this is that without a HD you won't be able to have any sort of backwards compatability, as was promised (for some games). It also leads to the developers having to cater to the lowest common denominator, in this case the cheap version, and thus removing features that might have utilized the HD.

Man, I was getting all excited for the 360 too :shifty:

Wait, there's no internal harddrive in the Xbox360?? That was like the only thing the first Xbox had going for it! WTF?

Also down w/ consoles PC 4 LYFE :oldman::sombrero:

Wait, there's no internal harddrive in the Xbox360?

That depends on how much money you are willing to spend. The core version for $299 isn't going to have one but, the "deluxe" version for $399 does include one.

The thing isn't that you have to pay more money for more features in your console (that's quite logical) but that developers will have to skip introducing content that relies on the HD for their games. Of course, some might say, they can still add extra features that does take advantage of the HD, but that would require a lot of extra work and that's something small developers can't afford.

Thus, large companies will set the standard with dual-featured games while small companies will be left behind because they can't afford the extra time spent in development for something like that. Yay! :hah:

Okay, maybe I got a bit cynical at the end, but still...

I disagree. I don't see it being a problem. The xbox was the first console that gave us a big HD and what huge difference did we see in game development innovation compared to the ps2 and Gamecube? Most people slag the xbox off as though it is a pile of crap anyway so when did having/not having an HD as standard for our consoles become such a big deal to players and a stumbling block for developers? Did it matter to the Ps2? no. Most developers continued to make great games which relied on not having one- as they will have to do for ps3. Just because it's there we are getting fused about it. Call yourself gamers (cockswinging comment) :hmph:

That was like the only thing the first Xbox had going for it! WTF?

Wrong.

There was only really one thing that the Xbox had against it. Unfortunately that thing was the most crucial thing of all, it didn't have a wide enough selection of good games.

Unless you count the size of it but in all honesty that just depends on how vain you are and if you could really care what any of the consoles look like.

PS2 was a pile of shite but had all the games I wanted to play.

Wrong.

There was only really one thing that the Xbox had against it. Unfortunately that thing was the most crucial thing of all, it didn't have a wide enough selection of good games.

Unless you count the size of it but in all honesty that just depends on how vain you are and if you could really care what any of the consoles look like.

PS2 was a pile of shite but had all the games I wanted to play.

People are already reviewing the PS3 on amazon.