Sign in to follow this  
loonyboi

Bought Advent Rising? Get Psychonauts instead!

Due to "technical issues" Majesco has canceled their $1M Advent Rising contest.

The good news is if you can wrangle up a UPC code from the game and send it in along with your Xbox Live gamertag, they'll send you a game of your choice (including Psychonauts).

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/adventrising.htm

I think it's safe to say this is because there weren't enough people to justify giving away that much money.

Now I just need to find the copy that's floating around the office...

And I say NO :frusty: ... just buy it : Psychonauts is awesome enough to make anyone who got a mere interest in the game buy a copy for 50$ (or 29$ on PC)... and the one who bought Advent Rising should repent by buying Psychonauts twice. I say.

alan, you rock man. im your biggest fan. i loved your show.

I have to say, though - your book didn't quite do it for me.

And I say NO :frusty: ... just buy it : Psychonauts is awesome enough to make anyone who got a mere interest in the game buy a copy for 50$ (or 29$ on PC)... and the one who bought Advent Rising should repent by buying Psychonauts twice. I say.

I wasn't aware that they actually printed copies for the PC. I thought that price was just for show?

Hear, hear. Trade in Advent Rising for some other wacky crap if you want, but pay for Psychonauts and send a message.

Agreed, Psychonauts must be bought. Better yet, bought signed straight from the Double Fine store.

And Mr. Partridge, I loved Knowing Me Knowing You. Ahhaaaaa!

Agreed, Psychonauts must be bought. Better yet, bought signed straight from the Double Fine store.

After five months I have not seen head nor tail of Psychonauts on any Australian or NZ online game store.

C'mon publisher people there are about two million Xbox and Ps2 owners down here!

But I've just done a big web search thingy, and discovered here that I can order games from the UK and they will work in our Xbox here at work. yay!

no excuses anymore.

After five months I have not seen head nor tail of Psychonauts on an and not seeing head nor tail of Psychonauts on any Australian or NZ online game store.

But I've just done a big web search thingy, and discovered here that I can order games from the UK and they will work in our Xbox here at work. yay!

Are you in NZ or Australia? The PC version is available at, like, one or two places in NZ. Beyond that, I direct you here.

Are you in NZ or Australia? The PC version is available at, like, one or two places in NZ. Beyond that, I direct you here.

NZ.

yeah, I can see the PC version for sale on some sites. But there is a couple of Xboxes here at work, that everyone plays. I want to get people playing it and spreading the word of mouth around.