Vlynn911

Guy gamers with girlfriends

As mentioned earlier, actual words are a pretty good way of communicating with men. Little cues may be fun, but they are essentially non-commital and ambiguous. Let me demonstrate.

Woman: *sigh*

Man: is something wrong?

Woman: No

Now, what the woman actually meant was "yes", but the automatic reaction is to become defensive and say "no". The man is supposed to know from the original sigh that the answer would be inaccurate, and so immediately guess the nature of the problem based on the wave modulation of her voice.

My advice: Join a Buddhist nunnery. All this love and reproduction crap gets in the way of Nirbhana.

Maybe there really is nothing wrong, she just felt compelled to take a really deep breath.

I thought the problem was that girls sigh repeatedly until they get attention, whereby they pour out their feelings blah blah blah. But guys never pick up on that, so they silently boil with rage inside that they're not being paid attention to. And then whine about it for a bit. I didn't realise they're supposed to refuse to tell the nature of the problem after getting attention for the sigh. That's even retardeder.

Sometimes if you feel down, it is nicer just to get a cuddle than it is to talk about why you're upset. This maybe could be percieved as a lack of communication. However, if you look closely, you can see that when I am sad, I perform sign language with the hair on my upper lip. So I am actually communicating. With my lip hair.

That's why I would never shave my mouth.

- Yufster

LEIA: You needn't worry about your reward. If money is all that you

love, then that's what you'll receive!

She angrily turns, and as she starts out of the cockpit,

passes Luke coming in.

LEIA: Your friend is quite a mercenary. I wonder if he really cares

about anything...or anyone.

LUKE: I care!

Luke, shaking his head, sits in the copilot seat. He and

Han stare out at the vast blackness of space.

LUKE: So...what do you think of her, Han?

HAN: I'm trying not to, kid!

LUKE: (under his breath) Good...

HAN: Still, she's got a lot of spirit. I don't know, what do you

think? Do you think a princess and a guy like me...

LUKE: No!

Love, huh?

So Savage Cabbage - are you trying to tell us that all of life's problems can be explained by Star Wars?

The sigh is a most effective way of communicating, depending on the frequency, length and volume of the sigh it can mean any number of things.

That's either an oxymoron or you'reamoron.

So Savage Cabbage - are you trying to tell us that all of life's problems can be explained by Star Wars?

YODA: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hm?

Mmmm.

Luke shakes his head.

YODA: And well you should not. For my ally in the Force. And a

powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. It's energy

surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we...(Yoda pinches

Luke's shoulder)...not this crude matter. (a sweeping gesture) You must

feel the Force around you. (gesturing) Here, between you...me...the

tree...the rock...everywhere! Yes, even between this land and that

ship!

LUKE: (discouraged) You want the impossible.

Quietly Yoda turns toward the X-wing fighter. With his eyes

closed and his head bowed, he raises his arm and points at the

ship.

Soon, the fighter rises above the water and moves forward

as Artoo beeps in terror and scoots away.

The entire X-wing moves majestically, surely, toward the

shore. Yoda stands on a tree root and guides the fighter

carefully down toward the beach.

Luke stares in astonishment as the fighter settles down

onto the shore. He walks toward Yoda.

LUKE: I don't...I don't believe it.

YODA: That is why you fail.

Much the same with love. That is why many fail...

See, I knew someone who claimed the Matrix to be the purveyor of all things philosophical in life - but now I see it's Star Wars. I have been convinced.

Sometimes if you feel down, it is nicer just to get a cuddle than it is to talk about why you're upset. This maybe could be percieved as a lack of communication. However, if you look closely, you can see that when I am sad, I perform sign language with the hair on my upper lip. So I am actually communicating. With my lip hair.

That's why I would never shave my mouth.

- Yufster

Don't sea otters do this? I know that they bite each others noses for purchase during sex while floating around in the sea and it would seem reasonable to communicate via whiskers during this process.

Nature is sure grand.

I decided that I would try one more time to talk to him; and it seems like he is realizing that I need the outdoor time so he agreed and has been going out with me more. The funny thing though is when we finally got home I told him he could go and play his games and when he started playing his computer it blew up! I mean I really thought he got electricuted. It was so funny; but I still feel bad cuz he really is like a little kid sometimes and he just had this face on him like " some bully just broke his favorite toy" but more and more he does seem willing to go out and make an effort so I will still try to make an effort to be supportive about his games. (at least whenever his computer works again).

Thanks to everyone who replied ! It really helped a lot to read your guys opinions.

Thanks to everyone who replied ! It really helped a lot to read your guys opinions.

You are welcome. :grin:

Well, I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you guys (with the exception of poor, poor computer). Good luck to you.