Sign in to follow this  
spaceship789

Korean Gamer Postmortem - after he dies playing Starcraft!!

No offense taken, it was just my way of calling him an idiot for playing a game for 50 hours and not tending to his physical needs (and I agree about the Darwin Awards being insensitive, laughing at other peoples deaths never appealed to me). I wasn't trying to say "HAHA, HE'S DEAD!" I'm just tired of seeing people say "Oh man, that's hardcore" or "This guy is the ULTIMATE gamer". I could eat marshmallows until I died from marshmallow overdose, would that make me some kind of marshmallow matyr or a fucking idiot (ok, that was a fucking terrible example)

And yeah, the other person that did this was korean. It has to be something culteral if they're both korean and they both died from playing starcraft, unless all starcraft fans are this retarded. I'm suprised this hasn't happened with World of Warcraft yet, that game requires you put in many hours of playtime just to get better at it.

How did this guy play the game for 50 hours and then die anyway? Wouldn't he collapse from exhaustion or something first before dying? And the cafe is open 24 hours a day?

Fuck the Darwin Awards. They're the most callous, insensitive Internet bullshit I've ever seen. (No ill will is meant towards LeChimp for bringing it up, in case that's ambiguous. The Darwin Awards just get me riled.)

But I seriously would like to know how the country of my ancestral origin is creating the conditions that lead to this sort of thing. The other guy who died playing a game nonstop was also Korean, right?

The other guy was Chinese.

The darwin awards aren't just to laugh at someone who dies... they are to laugh at how stupid some people are - stupid to the point that it resulted in death (or in the case of honourable mentions survived them). Although I agree it is insensitive in regards to family members etc.

But come on, a guy making a video about using heavy machinery safety dies as a result of not even implementing the safety guidelines he is preaching (whilst making the video), is amusing.

The other guy was Chinese.

Damnit, not again. I could have sworn that there was a case of this happening in Korea though. It wouldn't be suprising if this happened to more than one person other than this man.

Yeah, I dunno. Maybe he was taking some kind of drug to stay up that long, and that...did something. Also, yeah, I think a lot of those places are open 24 hours.

Oh.

Well, Koreans are originally Chinese anyway, right? :)

Some Koreans would kill you for saying that. They're a downright proud and nationalistic lot. Like the whole Ono speed skating incident - they hold grudges.

Some Koreans would kill you for saying that. They're a downright proud and nationalistic lot. Like the whole Ono speed skating incident - they hold grudges.

Time to get this, Walter

noose.jpg

knar, dude, that's called madness, not patriotism. this is patriotism... and he is the father of... freedom. or something. :shifty: