Sign in to follow this  
baconian

EA's latest brilliant idea

Ew, I can just picture horrible class punishments like "Play through Catwoman from start to finish."

Dear God, have you no soul!?

God has no soul.

Man, that sounds profound.

Ew, I can just picture horrible class punishments like "Play through Catwoman from start to finish."

On the plus side homework could be "Finish Halflife 2" and rewards could be some time to play a game. Anyone think this could be a way of brainwashing students into hating games ? "You must play this game , or fail the course" ! If they kill me , tell my family I loved them.

Why do I get the feeling that all we're ever going to see here will be games by two men? Namely, Will Wright and Peter Molyneux. There will be no others. These are the only people that make games big enough to be so well publicized, but family friendly enough to not start huge boycotts of the school system.

Why do I get the feeling that all we're ever going to see here will be games by two men? Namely, Will Wright and Peter Molyneux. There will be no others. These are the only people that make games big enough to be so well publicized, but family friendly enough to not start huge boycotts of the school system.

Sid Meiers? I understand that Firaxis cunningly removed the option to perform terrorist atacks on rivals' cities to make it more palatable to governments nowadays. Regardless of ones' personal opinion on censorship (even self-interested self-censorship) I suppose this would make the Civ series acceptable in schools.

That being said the fact that Genetics leads to The Cure For Cancer might upset some people.

Sid Meiers? I understand that Firaxis cunningly removed the option to perform terrorist atacks on rivals' cities to make it more palatable to governments nowadays. Regardless of ones' personal opinion on censorship (even self-interested self-censorship) I suppose this would make the Civ series acceptable in schools.

That being said the fact that Genetics leads to The Cure For Cancer might upset some people.

Firaxis games aren't published by EA ;)...

Firaxis games aren't published by EA ;)...

That's true... >_>

Maybe we will see more "sports strategy" lessons in P.E.? :shifty:

(Hey, the article even mentions Civ! THE JOURNALISTS TRICKED ME)