CHOOSE!  

25 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE!

• Airwolf goes into whisper mode
    • International Rescue launches from rocket silo under swimming pool
    • KITT goes into auto-cruise mode
    • Any battle preparation montage from The A-Team
    • "Autobots, TRANSFORM!"

Yeah, pretty cool. I noticed that too when watching the Transformers Movie two days ago. It's the year 2005. Decepticons are busting up Autobot city RIGHT NOW. You, Megatron, who are without mercy, now plead for it?

It's kind of too bad they didn't start production on the transformers movie, like, two years ago so it could be out now, preferably set now as well, oh man.

Man, I already hate that movie. 3D Transformers are a blasphemy and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Man, I already hate that movie. 3D Transformers are a blasphemy and I don't see that changing any time soon.

... .....

Yeah it will probably be shit. But "3D Transformers are a blasphemy," though? Are you retarded? Did you ever in fact own a Transformers toy (aka the reason the whole thing exists in the first place)?! Those are pretty fucking 3D. It's not like it takes that much effort to visualize how a Transformer would work in 3D. Answer: very well. Transformers: The Michael Bay Movie, though, well that's dangerous territory.

On the other hand, all Transformers is, really, is a bunch of humongous vehicles fighting each other amidist explosions and loud electric guitar music, and that's the one thing people go to see Michael Bay movies for, so it's honestly not that bad a match, I think.

I don't expect Michael Bay to successfully make me feel confused and emotionally perturbed if he kills Optimus Prime though, like the original movie.

In other news, Marek clearly likes/liked all those shitty 80's action TV shows. I never watched any of them, except for a couple episodes. They always sort of bored me. :(

Somehow, The A Team seems like it was really great, until you actually go back and watch it. Out of the poll, the best moment is clearly the Thunderbirds one.

But I do like Stingray more, as Supermarionation TV series go. Thunderbirds seemed to indulge in long, boring docking and landing sequences too much, especially that damn movie version. Stingray was always a brilliant quick half-hour, with that lovely 'Aqua Marina' song at the end.

Both those series were actually 60s shows, but they were on a lot here in the 80s.

STAND BY FOR ACTION. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Even Stingray standing in for Thunderbirds, man, or Thunderbirds appearing in a poll about 80s TV shows.

It gets my vote!

How about He-Man and She-Ra?

I never watched the A-team myself, but I do have a vivid memory of watching a man transform himself into the behemoth called He-Man.

"By the Power of Grayskull! I have the Power!"

How about He-Man and She-Ra?

I never watched the A-team myself, but I do have a vivid memory of watching a man transform himself into the behemoth called He-Man.

"By the Power of Grayskull! I have the Power!"

Exactly what I was thinking. Well, that and Thundercats.

I got my first tv Christmas 89, so I missed most of 80s tv.

If I have to choose from those five, it's the transformers.

But the coolest thing the 80's ever had was clearly MacGyver.

There's nothing that can top that.

If I have to choose from those five, it's the transformers.

But the coolest thing the 80's ever had was clearly MacGyver.

There's nothing that can top that.

That is true. Duct Tape rules all.

Oh man, I watched the pilot episode on dvd yesterday night after I saw this thread.

Mac still has the magic. :yep:

Knightrider, man! Knightrider! I actually considered buying a Trans-Am a few years ago when I saw some re-runs.

--Erwin

The coolest Knight Rider moment was Super Pursuit Mode, not Auto Cruise

Turbo Boost man! Turbo Boost! :D

We had a Manimal annual at home that I used to read all the time. I never got to see the show though. I heard it got cancelled after one season. It sounded pretty crazy, though.

So in response to your poll question, I choose the Autobots, because transforming robot aliens are the closest to a guy who could turn into any animal in the history of forever and had super hearing and super speed and super everything and could also control animals and stuff.

Practically identical, the two shows are.

Somehow, The A Team seems like it was really great, until you actually go back and watch it. Out of the poll, the best moment is clearly the Thunderbirds one.

But I do like Stingray more, as Supermarionation TV series go. Thunderbirds seemed to indulge in long, boring docking and landing sequences too much, especially that damn movie version. Stingray was always a brilliant quick half-hour, with that lovely 'Aqua Marina' song at the end.

Both those series were actually 60s shows, but they were on a lot here in the 80s.

I liked the "hubris of man as the enemy" thing that Thunderbirds had going, and because there were regularly exploding models of big futuristic airports/power stations/factories.

Also, nothing is hotter than a docking sequence.

Jake; I've always hated and still hate the Transformers toys. I think they're extremel ugly and look nothing like the characters from the series, the old, 2D ones having lots of personality. I also think that all of the efforts to 3D Transformers to date were either incredibly ugly (Beast Wars) or plain devoid of character and charm (that commercial with the transforming car). I love the old animated series because it's 2D. It doesn't matter they're machines, they still have lots of life and character. 3D will inevitably chip away at that. It lacks the charm of handdrawn animation.

3D will inevitably chip away at that. It lacks the charm of handdrawn animation.

OMG!!! You're blocking innovation! The animation industry needs to move on! Evolve or die! :oldman:

--Erwin