Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

Who loves Katamari? We do.

I was really hoping we'd get a photo of the exterior of the US Namco building with the staff outside and a guy in the prince costume for the US box art. It would have been pretty great, and gone well with the theme implied in the name. Instead, purple gnome hat house possibly done in ClarisWorks.

Damn, that cover sucks. I'm still going to buy the game, of course, as will most people who played the original, but I'm expecting that this one will have a hell of a lot less casual buyers than the first one did. Pity.

I think it's very cute, and it'll definitely standout when you see all of the usual army box"arts".

Shame that it's not hardcore like the Japanese one. ;(

Even with MS Paint I think anyone could've done a better job. :hah:

Even with MS Paint I think anyone could've done a better job. :hah:

That sound like a challenge... GO!

Holy Crap! We should have an Idlethumbs contest to see who can do the best US Katamari box cover!

And it's because we all love Katamari.

whoa, did they change the box-art? yesterday it was an ugly green house on a green background. This globe version is much cooler!

It seems there are two versions:

114995t.jpg

and

114995p.jpg

That sound like a challenge... GO!

I should've said anyone but me. :shifty:

Weird yesterday I saw the globe version and now the other one. I didn't know what Jake was smoking when he said purple gnome hat house but now I understand.

whoa, did they change the box-art? yesterday it was an ugly green house on a green background. This globe version is much cooler!

WTF are they doing over at gamefly? It's flipping randomly between the globe and the house. weeeird stuff. As if they can't choose their cover :)

The globe cover is a lot more nice looking.

The house cover is quite hideous.

It's weird that the image keeps changing...

where can i see the globe box art? the only one that has every come up for me is the house, which looks okay ... got nothing on the originals cover!

SiN

That's funny. The post used to have both... now I just see house and house.

I'm sort of suprised they didn't use more Japanese in the title, given that the first one was successful.

In any event... who do we contact to tell them to use the globe and not the house?

I'm buying it reguardless... but if it is in the house package, I might have to put it in another case... cause hot damn that's ugly.