Taylor

My favorite game of all time...

Incredible%20Machine%2021.png

im2t_1998_961141514-00.gif

This game was, and is, insanely awesome. For those of you that never played The Incredible Machine 1 or 2, you are given a task to complete on the 2d stationary screen (usually involving getting certain things in baskets, turning things on, or lighting fuses) which is covered with gizmos that work like a big puzzle- but pieces are missing. You are given an inventory with limited amounts of pieces that you use to fill in the spots (it could get really difficult) until it works correctly. Tons of friggin' fun.

The game also had a sandbox mode that let you make whatever you want any way. The game's devices went from things like gears and balls, to cats (that chase mice and yarn) and fireworks and lasers and laser-activated switchs and crazy stuff like that.

Oh man, what a great game. I spent so many hours making my own (really crappy) puzzles.

I know dude!

I remember my sister getting me gatorade to drink when I was struggling through the later really really hard levels.

I have the Return of the Incredible Machine, which is probably an updated version of this game by the looks of it...

It even has the cats and keyboards! :mock:

What I'd always do is put a bunch of cats and mice in one big screen with a bunch of trampolines on the bottom to bounce them everywhere and watch the cats kill the mice.

Oh My God.

I've been searching for that game for such a stupidly long time. My friend had it when I first moved down to sunny Brighton and I played it all of three times. I was fascinated by the whole mechanic of it. It was like the contraptions that guy used to draw in MAD magazine. *teary eyed reminisence*

If anyone would like to accept my firstborn child in return for a copy, with manual, of course, I'll start warming up the wife.

i've got incredible machine 1, 2 and 3 zipped on my computer. So if any of you want a copy, send me a PM or something.

It's abandonware anyway as far as I'm concerned though, so this post gets... hmmm 1 and a half shifty eyes: ¬ -

While it definitly isn't my favorite game of all-time it was a very nice game which required some clever thinking. Some nice challenges. Yay!