Lechimp

Fahrenheit Demo Out

It seems very promising. Reading a preview a few months back, I really liked the concept of your choices affecting the stories of different characters you get to play at later points, which will probably be the most exciting thing about the game for me, stupid story or not. The demo's small-scale decision-making was a nice teaser and convinced me to definitely get the full game.

I like the mouse-dragging action interface, but moving around is a bit odd, especially when Lucas doesn't seem to be able to turn when moving (at least with the keyboard).

My computer freezes right after the director gives his little Hitchcock like monologue and we see the guy in the snow getting bigger and bigger.

and I'm talking about the bad freeze, where the video card dies and the audio freezes and I have to hold the power button.

I've had 4 endings so far, a different one each time I played so it's not just a 'one or the other' type affair as someone made out earlier.

I quite liked the demo even if it was short, I think the game looks fresh and from the teaser trailer quite engrossing. I'll definately check it out, well done to them.

I've had more than four endings, if you include different scenarios of being caught by the cop. Really though, I've gotten two endings: "Get Away" or "Get Caught."

A bunch of different stuff has happened before those two endings, though.

i havent played an adventure game ive liked in AGES, but this one actually seemed pretty good ...

... ive gotta agree with Steve about the trailer ... it does look a bit silly, but I don't think it'll be that bad.

Looks like a winner to me. :tup:

SiN

Woo, it smells good, the introduction by Cage is far too smart to be honest but the different endings seem to offer a lot.

Apart from that, moving the character around is a pain in the ass and I wonder if the mental state of the character will impact on the choices given to the player during dialog or within the events.

Apart from that, moving the character around is a pain in the ass...
I noticed that too, but I don't know why. You move him around in very much the same way you would, say, Manny Calavera, but it seems like Manny spent a lot less time running into walls.

I was just about to pre-order this game when my brain suddenly thought of something. Does anyone know if this game will feature some bullshit intrusive copy protection like that rotten piece of shit Moment of Silence?

I found out why Farenheit was broken on my computer.... somehow the power got unplugged from my video card! WTF.