Erwin_Br

Favorite developer logo intro seq.

Inspired by the favorite intro thread, I bring you: favorite developer logo intro sequence!!

I still remember that old Apogee intro, you know with the red letters and a spinning Earth in the background. And a cheesy midi-tune playing... Man, I could listen to that 5 second tune for hours! Their logo really kicked ass. Much more ass than the 3D-Realms logo.

apogee.gif

You?

--Erwin

(Must say it before anyone else does)

Oh man, the developer logo intro for Double Fine totally rocked!

But aside from that logo intro, I really haven't been that impressed with any. Usually it's just an explosion and the logo and then the logo reflects some light and makes a ding noise. I guess the logo intro for Rockstar for the game GTA:Vice City was pretty cool since it was designed to look like a commadore 64 startup screen.

konami-logo.gif

It was a sad they when they opted for the new, generic wordmark... and god rid of that chime.

before anyone else says it : lucasarts. the fact that they take the time to make a different lucasarts logo intro movie for each game is awesome

now if only their games weren't shit ...

SiN

I love Relic's intro sequence. At least, the one they used in Dawn of War with the big mine.

I enjoyed playing with the particle based lionhead logo in the intro to black and white, an interactive logo is always a nice little bonus.

I like the GameCube one, you can rotate it around.

I actually really liked the old "E! A! SPORTS! It's in the game!"-intro used in the mid 90s, before EA went evil and corrupted the games industry beyond repair.

Damn! I wanted to suggest that. Long hours of playing a rented copy of NHL '94 for the SNES in my living room with my next door neighbour have imprinted that intro in my mind. Also, the startup on Mario Kart Double Dash is always worth a laugh.

"NiiiiiiiiiinTENDO!!! Whoohoo!"

Delphine Software had an awesome logo, it was really cinematic and cool.

Also LucasArts had a logo that really stuck in my mind as having personality and style.

- Yufster

I like the GameCube one, you can rotate it around.

And if you hold the Z Button during bootup, you'll hear squeaking followed by a "boing" noise and creepy children laughing.

If you plug in four controllers, hold Z on all of them, and then bootup, you'll get Samurai noises.

True story.

I liked all the different Iguana logos, like for Turok and so on. I didn't really care much for the games, but I loved what they did with their logos.

Heh. Yeah, Iguana was pretty sweet. If you ever played the South Park shooter, the Iguana bites Kenny's head off. Classic start to an OK but not great game. I'm a South Park addict, so I played through the whole thing, but otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Multiplay isn't bad though.

I loved the ones when the fuzzy little thing would drag the Sierra logo to the middle of the screen and say "Sierra."

Totally seconded.

the little fuzzy guy from dynamix dragging the sierra logo on the screen is the most favorite of me too :)

LucasArts and Sierra logo. They both took time to make the logo appear a different way for most of their earlier games.

Another favorite of mine is an old Interplay logo, that was being burnt in stone by a giant laser beam. It was in 3D, which was still relatively new.

--Erwin