Sign in to follow this  
Lechimp

V for Vendetta

trailer is out

http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/trailer.html

I haven't read the comic yet but I'll probably pick it up since it's by Alan Moore who did the Watchmen. Plus I'm really tired of superhero comic books now that I've read comics that are actually good like Sin City and Watchmen (although some batman is really good)

trailer is out

http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/trailer.html

I haven't read the comic yet but I'll probably pick it up since it's by Alan Moore who did the Watchmen. Plus I'm really tired of superhero comic books now that I've read comics that are actually good like Sin City and Watchmen (although some batman is really good)

Ooh, I'm a big comic fan myself, and Watchmen is probably my favourite of all. Only discovered Sin City about 2 years ago but like them too. Other favourites I've liked are the preacher series, Batman, and have had egular flings with 2000AD. I'll definately check out your link when I get home from work :)

Ed, what did you think of Sin City? I haven't been able to see it, obviously, but I would like your opinion on it as your one of the few true comic readers remaining. I did like the V trailer, though, I can't help but feel it felt much too like watching a trailer for The Shadow, or Phantom with Billy Zane (not that they were bad film translations mind) just that it...I don't know. What do you think?

I really liked the film Sin City, considerably more than my standard 'guaranteed to like all comic adaptation' inclinations. I'd go as far as saying it's the best paper to screen translation of a comic's artistic style I've ever seen, with the not quite black and white filters and other effects making many of the shots look like frames right off the pages. Story and character-wise it's very bold too, possibly a little too intense or OTT for some, but I've always been a fan of wierdness and well done cliches/characatures.

A few moments have a certain 'seven'-like disgust side to them which never seem to impress me, but I never felt it was gratituous, only in keeping with the general darkness of the film. It was also a nice change to see a comic adaptation to be based on a more adult series rather than just family movie type Marvel superheroes, etc.

Mind you, I have only seen it once, must watch it again soon...

Not to change the nature of this thread, this is just a one off question if any comic guys know - I'm looking for a short story from 2000ad, I think, called 100 bullets. I don't think it was part of the comic series by the same name, though it could have been taken from one of the stories. It involves the journey of 100 individual bullets that are fired from numerous guns fired in a bar fight. First panel is bullet one and it's final target etc through to the final 100th bullet. Does anyone know the exact comic this short story is from?

I haven't read that, but if it is from 2000AD, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Sinister and Dexter strip. They've had many singular episodes, and as gun-toting bounty hunters with a decidedly comedy side, they seem to get into bar fights and ridiculous situations rather frequently.

I haven't read that, but if it is from 2000AD, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Sinister and Dexter strip. They've had many singular episodes, and as gun-toting bounty hunters with a decidedly comedy side, they seem to get into bar fights and ridiculous situations rather frequently.

You rule. That was the exact comic characters. I found the story. It was called Bullet Time. See people. There are comic readers and then there's Edd. Reeespect