lailoken

Serenity/Firefly

I only watched the beginning of this new(alright guess that's relative) Kultseries... thing and I didn't really like it. But I guess tastes will differ, but now the new international trailer is out and it looks rather nice. Only thing is it still looks more like tv-quality as far as production value is concerned. Dunno, maybe it's just me, but if the rendering isn't cutting edge, it just shows. Wish I DIDN'T notice these things... argh but otherwise it looks good. Anybody seen the preview I heard so much about?

[linkage]

Addendum: Got this link at www.comingsoon.net which for some reason still doesn't have one of those nifty graphic things which would make it so much easier for me to find it in my bookmarks...argh

Oh yeah. You should check out the forum topic "Show us your Ugly Mug"

I think i've successfully managed to turn it into a Firefly thread. Not to mention that Nathan guy is sooo playful and sooo cute! (I'm a girl)

I know and even though I was tempted by your charming picture to post there as well, I managed to resist and do this thread instead. I just wonder if Firefly would have gotten such a cult following if it had been aired in the correct order and been the success that anything Joss Whedon apparently more or less is guaranteed to be. But like I said, really like the trailer.

Warning... you've stumbled into a nest of Firefly fans :)

It's called "the internet."

I don't get how you guys got so unlucky with FIREFLY. We got it hear in England in the CORRECT order (what the FOX?) and the SCI-FI channel ran the entire series over two days. They are running it again on Sundays and Tuesdays now. Of course we all have the boxset too.

Oh, OH, OHHHHHHHHHHHH, new final international SERENITY trailer looks SWEEEET!! Knar, how could you not tell us about that? Did you sit for the finished version of the film?

I know and even though I was tempted by your charming picture to post there as well, I managed to resist and do this thread instead. I just wonder if Firefly would have gotten such a cult following if it had been aired in the correct order and been the success that anything Joss Whedon apparently more or less is guaranteed to be. But like I said, really like the trailer.

Yes, we only like it out of pity. You're on to us.

Yes, we only like it out of pity. You're on to us.

thank you for getting my point. well played, senor tabacco, well played indeed.

now do I need to clarify?

thank you for getting my point. well played, senor tabacco, well played indeed.

now do I need to clarify?

And thank *you* for spelling my name correctly. Of course I got your point, I just don't agree with it.

well just sayin' it wouldn't be that special is all... but then I guess those other two series have been rather successfull as well... so maybe you are right...

BUT, why would I misspell your name?

The mystery continues right here on Thumb

well just sayin' it wouldn't be that special is all... but then I guess those other two series have been rather successfull as well... so maybe you are right...

BUT, why would I misspell your name?

The mystery continues right here on Thumb

So, what are you saying? What's your point? Am I sensing some anti-browncoat activity here? Huh? Huh? :shifty: etc

I only watched the beginning of this new(alright guess that's relative) Kultseries... thing and I didn't really like it. But I guess tastes will differ, but now the new international trailer is out and it looks rather nice.

I didn't get into it until about the third episode. I think it's ten times better than any of Whedon's other shows.

Have any of you been reading the Serenity prequel comics, written by Whedon himself? The first two are out, with a final one planned to be released in September before the movie hits theaters. Most Borders stores around here have several copies to go around, although I will warn you all that the writing might give some heavy doubts as to the quality of the upcoming film....

Let's just hope that is the end result of the show being forced in a 30 page comic format.

I believe there was an interview that said that everyone really wanted to do more films but that the film deal precluded any return to TV in the near future.

Now, begin your speculation about Shepherd Book :)

Personal theory... did something or was responsible for something awful, disappeared and became a shepherd to escape the guilt.

Thankfully, in an interview Joss Whedon said it would definitely be answered in Serenity :)

I think he was an semi-famous alliance soldier then did something bad and turned to religion for his guilt.

BTW, I just watched the entire series for the first time this week on DVD, awesome

I think he was an semi-famous alliance soldier then did something bad and turned to religion for his guilt.

BTW, I just watched the entire series for the first time this week on DVD, awesome

There are many theories as to what Booker is, none that i want to hear about. I have yet to see Serenity and I have friends watching the screening at this very moment (jealousy fills me). Them not being like typical friends failed to tell me about a free screening in the area in time therefore I am NOT on the list. Sadness fills me.

There are many theories as to what Booker is, none that i want to hear about. I have yet to see Serenity and I have friends watching the screening at this very moment (jealousy fills me). Them not being like typical friends failed to tell me about a free screening in the area in time therefore I am NOT on the list. Sadness fills me.

I'd kill him.

But funny thing was I put the DVD and started watching by myself, before the end of the pilot my mom, my sister, and my dad had all joined me and were at the edge of their seat.

I'd kill him.

But funny thing was I put the DVD and started watching by myself, before the end of the pilot my mom, my sister, and my dad had all joined me and were at the edge of their seat.

Update:

A friend has given me her spot + 1 guest. I get to watch Serenity tonight at the Chinese Mann theater. (The one they always show in Hollywood clips). Woot!

Right now, I'm dancing - inside. :shifty:

Update:

A friend has given me her spot + 1 guest. I get to watch Serenity tonight at the Chinese Mann theater. (The one they always show in Hollywood clips). Woot!

Right now, I'm dancing - inside. :shifty:

Can I come with? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?

EDIT: My friend told me the wrong night. The screening was last night. Dammmmitt!!!! brb, must kill friend.

Sometimes trailers excise all of the wit, style, or concept from good movies and make them seem like low-brow drivel (Fight-Club, but maybe on purpose). This movie's trailer is just like that. Shite.