Lechimp

Asshole son gets his father fired

That guy deserves a whopping. Fetch me my belt, boy. FETCH IT!

I think it's a marketing ploy and an excuse for Microsoft to lay that guy off. That kid's in it I say, it's bigger than all of us... they're... they're watching... they're... planning... I am the Milkman... my milk is delicious...

So, the kids wants to show off, making his father lose his job and maybe even get sued or fined? Way to go kid! :shifty:

I'm willing to bet lots of money that the photo's staged. The fact that the console's "ring of light" (so heavily marketed by microsoft for some reason) isn't illuminated makes me really suspect that like the article says, there's an Xbox behind that pillow.

I'm glad I found out that the smirking kid in your avatar, Jake, is not in fact, you. Which was what I first thought.

I'm glad I found out that the smirking kid in your avatar, Jake, is not in fact, you. Which was what I first thought.

:hah:

After reading what the kid had posted, it really seems that this is a case of guerilla marketing.

Ah yes... it's difficult to decide whether all that awkward grammar is phony or not. I'm tempted to say that not even a 16 year old with a face like that would write that badly.

It is kind of interesting though, this kind of marketing gets better and better all th time, making it very challenging and fun for us to pop through it.

I'm saying this is fake. 'elmojesus' is just too random.

Well the bad spelling is a little over the top, but it's not what makes me think it's fake. It's that there's so many bullet points crammed in the post, most of which are things a 16 year old kid would never care about.

If you google elmojesus, you'll find SyStats (statistics of some multiplayer game) and his user page at gamespot. It all looks pretty authentic.

But those things are realy easy to fake.

Jaap

Like Doug said the "ring of light" ain't there. Very clearly the power isn't turned on, so I'm also willing to bet that there is a Xbox behind that pillow.

Also the cables connecting to the tv are clearly coming from behind the pillow. :finger:

Afaik the ring pops up with notifications of Live messages and the like. (Split into quadrants on a per-player basis.) Something along those lines anyway.

The ring on the console itself is just a normal power status LED. The one on the controller lights up weirdly to show message alerts and stuff.

I don't think that could possibly be real.

The grammer and spelling is too bad, also what Marek said:

It's that there's so many bullet points crammed in the post, most of which are things a 16 year old kid would never care about.

On another note, that apartment is horrible.

Did he say who it was that actually took the picture of him on the living room floor with the 360 in the shot?

The ring on the console itself is just a normal power status LED. The one on the controller lights up weirdly to show message alerts and stuff.

I was under the impression they were doing both for some reason.